No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vampires or Werewolves?

Originally posted by OtisLovesUs View Post
    Just last night a friend was telling me about a new scare down in Florida: Supersnakes! They're worried about all the feral Burmese pythons mating with some sort of smaller, more aggressive python. I smell a Sam Jackson sequel: "Snakes On A Beach!" Or maybe "Snakes On A Golf Course!"

Oh, this same friend was telling me about the fireflies that are out in the preserve near her house. She loves the fireflies. For a new monster, how about mutant fireflies gone wild? They come out at night and swarm like killer bees. Good potential for visuals, at least.
    Snakes in a Trailer Park?

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
      Cat people.

- Bill
      http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2720/...1d646d8401.jpg

I concur.
      what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

I wonder if they'll ever get around to adapting the Necroscope novels (which were made to put on the screen)... Would have made great HBO series had True Blow not taking that limelight already.

A film series? ...meh, could be done. But i see a lot of room to screw it up.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSam View Post
          Which do you prefer?
          Well, if either of them is one of those goobers from Twilight, then neither.

When it comes down to it, as always, it depends on having an original take and/or good execution. But I actually prefer a good space alien to all of these other creatures.

That said, I'm looking forward to Tim Burton's interpretation of Dark Shadows, starring Johnny Depp. And maybe Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
          "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I want vampires with chubby hairy Zach Galifianakis as their "Father figure" and Werewolves based on various dog breeds including the dreaded ankle savaging Chihuahua werewolf. Until these precognistications come true I'm really not that interested in either.
            I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Werewolves are way more fascinating. They change shape - awesome! And when they are done correctly (The Howling and nothing but The Howling) they are the coolest and baddest of all mythology. But that's the problem - they are cool; not scary.

Vampires, though, can be scary (see 1979's 'Salem's Lot). But their problem is they have been done to death and in every conceivable format. Twilight delivered the final nail in their coffin (no pun intended). And if I had a penny for every time a modern day vampire becomes infatuated by a doppelganger for his true love who died 300 years ago...

Comment

Werewolves.

And I prefer zombies overall - the ultimate "other".

Wendigos would be the next set of monsters to exploit. After that you have to start digging into more regional folklore.

EDIT: And I agree. The Howling is the best of the werewolf films with American Werewolf in London a close second. I met Joe Dante at a film festival and told him that now was the time to remake the Howling. He was convinced that the new Wolf Man would be a big hit.
                "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

Originally posted by Kermet Key View Post
                  I met Joe Dante at a film festival and told him that now was the time to remake the Howling.
                  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was convinced that the new Wolf Man would be a big hit.
                  It might have stood a chance if it didn't lift practically every element from AWIL. and Joe Johnston wasn't involved.

On the remake of The Howling, it sounds like a bad joke but it is the development stage and it's going to be follow Twilight. Woman reporter gets bitten and twenty years later, her 19 yr old son who is at a prep school - full of the Young and the Beautiful - and becomes a werewolf.

Kill me now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Dazzler
                    Arrghh. Thanks for posting. I needed something like this to get me the hell off this site for the rest of the day and onto some serious 'ritin'...

Comment

Neither. Plenty of "real" monsters to play with: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...er-victim.html

An excerpt:

Callous Kate Webster pushed her twice-widowed employer down the stairs, strangled her and chopped her body up and boiled it and giving the dripping to local kids to eat.

Days after the slaying a box was found in the Thames by a coal man containing a 'mass of white flesh' and Mrs Thomas' foot was found on an allotment in Richmond while Webster stole the identity of her employer and even her false teeth.
                      That said, I wonder what the product would be if Sasquatch had a thing for human women (or men if he was a she)?

Comment

Working...
                      X