Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Underestimate The Power Of Brainstorming

You're faced with a pivotal yet stubborn scene that has cul de sac written all over it. You grab a notebook and jot down every keyword you can think of relating to that scene. Then scribble keywords for those keywords. Then those keywords turn to phrases, bits and pieces of action or dialogue. Doesn't have to be legible, doesn't necessarily have to make sense. And if you do it long enough you write your way into a better scene that transitions fluidly into the next one.

Ten decent pages beats staring at a screen for ten minutes.

Fini
    "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
    - Screenwriting Friend

Re: Never Underestimate The Power Of Brainstorming

That works.

I just usually take a walk and play the parts of all my characters, talking to myself like I'm some rambling one man show. People must wonder if I've completely lost my mind (I suppose at time I wonder the same thing), but by the time I get home the one problem scene has becomes three good ones and one more new problem to walk off tomorrow.

Comment

Good stuff. Write your way out.
      If you really like it you can have the rights
      It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Simple yet powerful tool. Got me out of a bunch of jams. The tendancy is to think big for the big set-pieces or sequences. But many of the best ideas start out as tiny germs that expand.
          sigpic

It's ruff bein' me.

Comment

I tried that but I'm so disorganized I cannot find the notes the next day. Probabaly 10,000 keywords, scene outlines and bits of witty dialogue lost on the pages of 20 or more fat notebooks scattered around the house. If I could just find that page ....

I tried a recorder, but I lose those as well. Tough reality, but somehow in the end I manage.

Comment

Brainstorming is good...

Naps work well, too.

FA4
              My opinions are just that... opinions.
              "Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist,- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
              X