Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a Screenwriter

How can I get my short stories in front of screenwriters? I have published two books of stories, most of which would make great movie themes or TV episodes (think Twilight Zone). Can anyone help me connect?

Re: Finding a Screenwriter

This is actually a great place to start! Saw a thread earlier today about a screenwriter running out of ideas... lurk, post and connect my friend. Welcome!
    "The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely." ~Jung

Comment

Re: Finding a Screenwriter

Originally posted by greenhornaz View Post
      How can I get my short stories in front of screenwriters? I have published two books of stories, most of which would make great movie themes or TV episodes (think Twilight Zone). Can anyone help me connect?
      You can always get your work in front of screenwriters but I suspect that what you're really looking to do is to get your work in front of producers, because if your goal is to have your stories turned into movies or televisions shows, then the way that works is that a producer has to buy or option your work and then go through a rather extended process during which he will try to get the project "set up" -- that is, actually get it turned into a real movie or a real TV show.

During that process, a writer might be hired to write a screenplay, a director and stars or a show runner might be attached and the whole package would then they would go out with the whole "package" and attempt to sell it.

If they succeed, then they'd go ahead and make the finished film.

But the screenwriter is simply one part of a very extended process and the writing of the screenplay (of an adapted as opposed to an original work) is something that happens only after a producer has acquired the rights to the underlying material.

So how do you get your books in front of producers? Well, producers are generally looking for material. I don't know if you have an agent or a manager or in what venue your work was published, but it's really a matter of doing the research, finding producers who make the kind of movies that are similar to the fiction that you write, then query them in respect to your prose work and offer to send them a copy.

That's about the best advise I can offer you.

NMS

Comment

Working...
      X