Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your genre(s?)

This has probably been asked before, but I'm sure there's been tons of people who joined the site after the last time it was asked. So if you care to entertain the question....

What genre(s) do you write? Are there genres you wish you could write, but you suck at?

Re: What's your genre(s?)

Originally posted by BillG View Post
    This has probably been asked before, but I'm sure there's been tons of people who joined the site after the last time it was asked. So if you care to entertain the question....

What genre(s) do you write? Are there genres you wish you could write, but you suck at?
    Thriller hybrids, action/thriller, psychological, a horror or two, and once in a while, comedy, at least that's what I call it. I have other ideas outside of those genres, but I would cross those bridges if I were to ever approach them and had no way back, e.g., a Western (low-budget).
    #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Still: Traditional Nudist Westerns: ten gallon hats, six guns, nothing else (except a badge for the sheriff).

- Bill
      Free Script Tips:
      http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by BillG View Post

I have written most everything except horror and historical biography. I like dark (Black if I can get away with it) comedies and thrillers the best. I've sold/optioned romantic comedies, a kid's film, a very black comedy thriller, a political thriller, an indie character drama, and a sports comedy. I've done hired rewrites on a western, romantic comedies, thrillers, straight comedies, and a modern true story biography. Wow... never looked at this list like this before... I need to do a horror.

Comment

horror, Sci-fi (ish*) and action

* low on science, high on fiction
          I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm - I have gotten paid to write sci-fi/Christian/super hero stuff, but my passion is historical drama.

Have a sci-fi, indy drama and comedy working... done re-writes on horror.

Done a couple supernatural adaptations.

Cool thread!
            "The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely." ~Jung

Comment

Drama and Action-Thriller, so far. But would love to get into Sci-Fi, eventually.

Would also love to write a great Horror script, but honestly I'd probably not be too successful there.

Comment

Sci-fi/adventure, comedy and coming-of-age drama. I have two horror scripts too.
                Last edited by Madbandit; 08-15-2013, 07:32 AM.
                "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
                  Still: Traditional Nudist Westerns: ten gallon hats, six guns, nothing else (except a badge for the sheriff).

- Bill
                  Ouch.

Comment

I have written four screenplays so far: two psychological horrors, one western and one genre-blending experiment that combines science-fiction, noir and dark comedy. Genre writing is a blast because you can take certain archetypes and then filter them through your own personal sensibilities.

Comment

Drama, Dramedy, Science Fiction.

Comment

Sci-fi, fantasy, action, thriller

Comment

Action/Thriller and Horror.

Comment

Dystopian techno-realistic military industrial sci-fi
                            I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Comedy, dark comedy, satire, period pieces

Comment

Working...
                              X