No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you love to write?

Originally posted by sstefanovic View Post
    dmizzo would probably tell Kafka to shut the **** up because he has no idea what he's talking about.
    I don't know you, but I can tell in one sentence why you're not a working writer and never will be.

Comment

Originally posted by wrytnow View Post
      IOW, you can only fail by quitting.
      Hahahaha. No. Cute, but no. Some people strive for more. But let me know how that whole finding success after you die thing works out. Seems like a good plan too.

Comment

I love entertaining people.
        Screenwriting is like stripping. You don't just dump your clothes on the floor. You tease as you go. And then you get screwed in a back room for money. - Craig Mazin

Comment

Dmizzo, you are obviously a successful writer of dark, dour dramas, which suit your lack of humor and misery when writing.

Or I could be wrong as it's merely an opinion based on what you've posted here.

Maybe you should lighten up. Most writers here - incuding me - have little chance of professional success. Just like actors and singers. Some are good, some are bad and most are in between. The thing that keeps them going until long after the hope of a break fades away is the sheer joy and satisfaction of doing what they do. And doing it to the best of their abilities.

Financial and professional success would be terrific, but if that's all there was there would be fewer writers and professional standards would fall. The better we are, the better you are forced to become.
          TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Weems View Post
            Yeah, "trance-like"...when associated with stream of consciousness writing. Which is not what we're talking about when we talk about "writing" in this thread.

But I'll leave it alone. If you find it meditative for you, I'm not going to try to dissuade you.
            How kind of you, sir. What a gent!
            Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
              How kind of you, sir. What a gent!
              It's what I'm here for.

Comment

Late to the party but yes I love it, except for the times when I don't.

Comment

Working...
                X