Do Action Scripts like Gravity Have to be 90-120 pages to be a Feature Script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• entlassen
    replied
    Re: Do Action Scripts like Gravity Have to be 90-120 pages to be a Feature Script?

For a spec script I'd recommend trying to get it to 110 pages or under.

Leave a comment:

• ChadStrohl
    replied
    Re: Do Action Scripts like Gravity Have to be 90-120 pages to be a Feature Script?

I'm having that same issue with one of mine.

Lots of running. Very little talking.

I think I've double spaced my way to 60 pages. I really hate to use smoke and mirrors just to give it a credible appearance, because I'm afraid too much mucking about will actually make it read worse.

Maybe if I imply dialogue... Hmm.

Frank runs along the ravine. He slips in the mud, but rights himself.

FRANK might have said
    That's a long way down. I better be
    more careful.

Ok. That's probably not the answer either.

Leave a comment:

• Nat Palazzo
    replied

Don't go over 120 pages.

Leave a comment:

• NYNEX
    replied

Thank you everyone for your advice. That helps a lot.

Leave a comment:

• wcmartell
    replied

A screenplay is not just the dialogue - the actions are the other half.

If you are not directing (and finding the $ yourself) you need something in the 90-110 page range.

- Bill

Leave a comment:

• TwoBrad Bradley
    replied

Originally posted by NYNEX View Post
    I know the common metric is 1 minute of page equals 1 minute of film, and a feature screenplay is 90-120 pages.

However, what about survival/action type scripts? Say in a film like Gravity, which has huge portions of the script with little or no dialog? Does the same 1 minute per page to equal a feature still apply, or no?

Advice?
    It depends on how fast you read. (You misstated the "common metric".)

Leave a comment:

• figment
    replied

Originally posted by NYNEX View Post
    However, what about survival/action type scripts? Say in a film like Gravity, which has huge portions of the script with little or no dialog? Does the same 1 minute per page to equal a feature still apply, or no?

Advice?
    Gravity is 70 pages. But is also written by the director, which had to help, as well. You can find it here.

https://gointothestory.blcklst.com/m...ed9#.n7ra0zxvr

Leave a comment:

• UneducatedFan
    replied

Depends on how choreographed the action is. The more choreographed on page, the longer it will be. The less choreographed, the shorter.

Lots of choreographed action + lots of monologue type dialogue = a long screenplay.

Leave a comment:

• Do Action Scripts like Gravity Have to be 90-120 pages to be a Feature Script?

I know the common metric is 1 minute of page equals 1 minute of film, and a feature screenplay is 90-120 pages.

Advice?
Working...
X