Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Last 10 Days

I give up Crayon. I don't know what your point is in all this other than to give me a headache and avoid posting actual work YOU ARE DOING in the 'What are you doing?" thread. Do you have a point? It just sounds like to me you're trying to insult my friend in some way. Or me. I'm trying to figure out the reasoning behind all this. I got nothing.

You took advice that helped me (again it was just a throwaway line based off memory of something in an email not a term paper) and put way too much into what I said my friend told me in an email to help me. My friends ability as a writer has nothing to do with this at all.

Basically the advice was "you can do it." Some writers around here dissect every single word of threads like it's some puzzle to solve. It was just encouraging words -- not a UFO video.

If you ask me my writer friend is a much better writer than me. But it's the same advice I give writers who are worse than me when I read work that I think is good -- "Keep on writing."

It doesn't matter what the other writer's talent is -- it's the point of telling me to finish work and not just think about writing. That simple.

You beat the horse to death. And killed it. And cooked it. And ate it. Then asked -- why does the horse taste so delicious over and over -- he just does okay????!!!

Comment

Please let's keep this about writing and not real life. I'm trying to escape from the horrors on here.

Comment

My theory is that he's salty about about your response in the Agent Orange thread. Simple as that, but what do I know? I don't care either way. I guess we needed more conflict to keep this story interesting.

Spent yesterday and today doing a final polish on my latest and then submitted to Austin. Doubt it places but I feel ok. Time to read and watch movies.

Comment

I was surprised no response from anyone in that orange log thread. I welcome it. It’s all good you’re all my buddies. We may fight but it’s not real. At least not to me.

Today I got Wendy’s for first time in 2 months and almost finished my rewrite.

Comment

Re: Good sharing, Final Act! Inspires others to do the work.

Final Act -- totally agree with Bono here, it is inspirational and:

(1) What's your schedule for writing with your "day job?" Do you pass on details like eating and sleeping?

(2) Have you sold/optioned anything yet? (I really, really hope so with all the effort you're putting in!)

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
              I give up Crayon. I don't know what your point is in all this other than to give me a headache and avoid posting actual work YOU ARE DOING in the 'What are you doing?" thread. Do you have a point? It just sounds like to me you're trying to insult my friend in some way. Or me. I'm trying to figure out the reasoning behind all this. I got nothing.

You took advice that helped me (again it was just a throwaway line based off memory of something in an email not a term paper) and put way too much into what I said my friend told me in an email to help me. My friends ability as a writer has nothing to do with this at all.

Basically the advice was "you can do it." Some writers around here dissect every single word of threads like it's some puzzle to solve. It was just encouraging words -- not a UFO video.

If you ask me my writer friend is a much better writer than me. But it's the same advice I give writers who are worse than me when I read work that I think is good -- "Keep on writing."

It doesn't matter what the other writer's talent is -- it's the point of telling me to finish work and not just think about writing. That simple.

You beat the horse to death. And killed it. And cooked it. And ate it. Then asked -- why does the horse taste so delicious over and over -- he just does okay????!!!
              Bono - I don't have a point - I've simply highlighted a point that's within what you said your pro-writer friend told you. It's right there, in black and white, in your original post:

A pro writer friend of mine told me once -- I'm not a better writer than you -- I just write more than you do and consistently.
              Do you really not see it? Your friend said that they write more than you do and consistently - and they also said that they are not a better writer than you - therefore, with basic logic, it can be concluded that: consistently writing significantly more than another writer will not necessarily make one a better writer than that other writer.

It may not be the point that your friend wanted to make, and it may not be a point that you want to hear, but, nonetheless, there it is.

I'm sorry if it upsets you, or you take offence from it, or you find it an unwanted distraction, but it's a somewhat remarkable point, not least in how it contradicts conventional wisdom, and therefore it's worth highlighting.

However, it does not have to be believed.
              Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
              "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by DDoc View Post
                My theory is that he's salty about about your response in the Agent Orange thread. Simple as that, but what do I know? I don't care either way. I guess we needed more conflict to keep this story interesting.
                DDoc - Is 'salty' a lightweight Americanism for 'spiteful'? It's curious that you would think that. Is your 'simple' assumption based upon some prejudice, or upon an assumption that I'm sulking in silence elsewhere?

I've no problem with any of the comments in my Code Orange logline thread. I've written appreciative replies to every one of them, but was waiting for the Carnage logline thread to quieten, and other distractions to end, before posting them.

Comment

OT:

Originally posted by Crayon View Post
                  DDoc - Is 'salty' a lightweight Americanism for 'spiteful'?
                  Do they have the expression "You're a dick" in the UK?

I've always wondered that.

Back on topic:

For the last ten days I've been doing lots of polishing of my last script.

Comment

I think Crayon you should change your name to Highlighter because that describes your style way more on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post

Yes, but in the UK we also say: "You're a Team American!".
                      Last edited by Crayon; 06-01-2020, 07:22 AM. Reason: politeness

Comment

Originally posted by Crayon View Post
                        Yes, but in the UK we also say: "You're a Team American!".

Reason: politeness

That is the funniest thing I've ever read on this board. Except all my stuff which is just delightful.

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
                          OT:

Back on topic:

For the last ten days I've been doing lots of polishing of my last script.
                          I always thought the preferred term for that was 'wanker.'

Comment

Anyway, it was fun being back for a bit (like dropping into an ER like show that you used to be on for a 6-7 episode arc in Season 22) -- but see you next time boys and girls.

There are just too few of us to get anything meaningful done it seems.

I clicked on some old posts and I'm like man i miss him, her and them.

I miss a lot of things from the past... like being happy and trips to Barnes and Noble.

Comment

Today I got Wendy’s for first time in 2 months and almost finished my rewrite.
                              Subtext: Eat more often at Wendy’s™ = almost finish more rewrites.
                              Last edited by TigerFang; 06-02-2020, 01:56 PM.
                              "Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down.- - Ray Bradbury

Comment

I heard Wendy's is only serving soy patties now. Is this true? I like Wendy's but I don't want to grow manboobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X