X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bono
    replied
    Re: The Last 10 Days

Come on Crayon -- go full Good Will Hunting -- stop hiding your true self from the world. Tell us all about that erotic fiction you're working on. And that kid's book.

I answered it yesterday -- left it up for a few hours and you missed it!!! It was like a sneak preview of the answer that is so exciting I think most people already know what it is because they understood my point better than you did. You cheeky monkey? Is that a thing?

Leave a comment:

• Crayon
    replied

Originally posted by Bono View Post
    First answer the thread question of what youre doing writing wise. ...
    Waxing my crayon, at least twice a day.

... Then Ill consider it.
    Well, that's a poor deal.

Leave a comment:

• Southern_land
    replied

10 days for SL. Working 10-13 hours a day, six days this week, bouncing around day and night shifts so fatigue is setting in.... but

the fatigue, change of routine and jobs has set me thinking. Selected one out of four Tv concepts to move ahead with, started work on a bible, and first episode and promo, put out feelers to a local Kiwi Sci fi author who's apparently discussing turning one of his novels into a series and touched base with a guy attempting to put together a local film/TV liaison bureau in the region I live in.

Equally importantly I quit a hobby that was sucking up time without reward - cold turkey

Not a bad effort I think but a lot of it stems from our COVID lockdown. we were out for a month, we had possibly the best autumn weather I've seen and people just chilled and started seeing things from a different light

Leave a comment:

• SundownInRetreat
    replied

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Bono
    replied

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post
    Cool. Cyfress, Bono: thanks for these links!
    Yeah lots of good stuff.

I rewrote more of my spec today. What about everyone else???

Leave a comment:

• Bono
    replied

First answer the thread question of what you're doing writing wise. Then I'll consider it.

Leave a comment:

• Crayon
    replied

Yes Im a terrible writer. Happy. Again that was not his point. Id restate if I believed that is what you want but I think you are just playing.
    No, I'm not playing. I'm genuinely intrigued by your pro-writer friend's remarkable statement. (Which goes against the common wisdom of: the more that you do something, the better you'll get at it.)

If you've not quoted them quite correctly, then yes, please do "restate".

Leave a comment:

• Bono
    replied

Yes I’m a terrible writer. Happy. Again that was not his point. I’d restate if I believed that is what you want but I think you are just playing.

Leave a comment:

• Crayon
    replied

Nope. You missed the words of wisdom.
    You may presume that, but your pro-writer friend's "words of wisdom" are perfectly clear: write more, and write consistently.

However, returning to your pro-writer friend's intriguing full statement:
    A pro writer friend of mine told me once -- I'm not a better writer than you -- I just write more than you do and consistently.
    How is it that your pro-writer friend, despite writing more than you, and writing more consistently than you, is still not a qualitatively better writer than you?

Leave a comment:

• dpaterso
    replied

Always write like a pro, right?

Leave a comment:

• Bono
    replied

Nope. You missed the words of wisdom.

Leave a comment:

• Crayon
    replied

Not even close.
    So, when they said "I'm not a better writer than you", they were just being polite?

Leave a comment:

• Bono
    replied

Originally posted by Crayon View Post
    Bono - So, in other words, your pro-writer friend also said that consistently writing more doesn't make one qualitatively better than other writers, but merely increases productivity?

Not even close.

Leave a comment:

• Crayon
    replied

A pro writer friend of mine told me once -- I'm not a better writer than you -- I just write more than you do and consistently. In other words a pro isn't just someone that gets paid to do it. They do the work always not just once in a blue moon. It was great advice.
    Bono - So, in other words, your pro-writer friend also said that consistently writing more doesn't make one qualitatively better than other writers, but merely increases productivity?

Leave a comment:

• TigerFang
    replied

Originally posted by Cyfress View Post
    Tiger Fang - you'd like I came across years ago. The title is something like "Award Winning Screenwriters On Screenwriting. It's all Oscar winners talking about their process. Like 12 or more writers Talking about their process.
    Also found this recently on youtube. Seems like another version of masterclass but interviews from artists we love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTmtFBPfRp4 Around 2 min explained so much that I knew, but could never explain well.

https://offcamera.com/

I think I'll add it to my podcast list. I think i had this before, but didn't realize how smart it was until I saw video interviews.

Jason Mantzoukas I love him. He had great one too.
    Cool. Cyfress, Bono: thanks for these links!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X