• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Picking Right Idea

Sofaking weird.

Comment

That was weird. To post a clip of a fight in the middle of a verbal fight with no narrative context as to why you're posting it. Very weird indeed.

Comment

Okay, Keyboard Kommando. Aren't you due to disappear from DD for another year in a shame spiral?

Comment

Yea, Satriales. Keyboard Kommando.

Comment

Aren't you due for another Twinkie? I went back to school for a year El Deuche. You think you shamed me away from here? 😂

Cue the Cheers theme song.

Comment

From the "Three Act Structure (Part 2)" thread, post #130:

Cyfress says, "You should never get upset about what get says on this board. Even if what you think is a personal attack or rude."

Live what you preach, bro.

Comment

Jeff was pretty clear in how he spoke to me as to where he wanted this to go so I'm obliging him. We're just having some good old fashioned street corner fun jabbing at each other. Brings back some good memories from my youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyfress View Post
                  I went back to school for a year El Deuche. You think you shamed me away from here?
                  My bad. I forgot about the existence of programs that start in February, run for a year, and launch concurrent with their students challenging someone to a competition and shitting themselves in public.

Comment

We’re just having some good old fashioned street corner fun jabbing at each other.
                    This is what you told me in the Cyfress vs. Jeff Lowell TV script review challenge, and then -- PUFF, you were gone. You had to take a 1 year sabbatical. I suggest for you to calm down and take a break.

Hey, Will of Done Deal Pro, if you're out there, this topic has run its course. I suggest you lock it up.

Comment

If you make Will lock this before Cyfress leaves, I will retract every nice thing I've ever said about you, Joe.

Comment

No one thinks their ideas are mediocre. People think they are writing great ideas or else why are they writing them?
                        Personally, I don't believe this is true. I think writers know that they have, and write, mediocre ideas all the time.

Why are they writing them? Because they can't/don't have a better idea. It's as simple as that.

Great ideas are hard. High concepts are hard. No one is saying they're easy.

Scream absolutely is high concept. A killer terrorizing teens using horror films as a deadly game? It's a great high concept that spawned several sequels and a TV show, I think.
                        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
                          My bad. I forgot about the existence of programs that start in February, run for a year, and launch concurrent with their students challenging someone to a competition and shitting themselves in public.
                          I don't even know what this means. Make your jabs more rudimentary. The program started in Jan. Ran for six months, then took another six months of hard training.

Jeff, I see through you like Jack Black in Shallow Hal. You're Fredo. To the T.

Comment

Perhaps the original Scream had a high concept built around it but what's the logline for Scream 5?

Comment

Give me an example of a bad idea that was made into a movie.
                              MORONS FROM OUTER SPACE

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089622/

STOP! OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105477/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Were these inherently bad ideas? Or were they execution misfires?

Comment

Never saw Morons From Outer Space, but I think Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot was just not a good movie. Could someone take the idea and do better, write a funnier version with different characters. Sure. Why not?

Comment

Working...
                                X