No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: High Concept vs New High Concept

Originally posted by lostfootage View Post

I do think the topic is more suited to feature than a TV pilot. I had never thought about it with a thriller aspect. That is something to think about.
    I think it could be a good TV series. Maybe along the lines of The Affair. It's kindof the same (ish) but different. It would definitely have a lot of opportunity for conflict. Not only from the immediate relationships but also from outside forces.

The Affair has 58 episodes.
    "Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist,- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
      I think it could be a good TV series. Maybe along the lines of The Affair. It's kindof the same (ish) but different. It would definitely have a lot of opportunity for conflict. Not only from the immediate relationships but also from outside forces.

The Affair has 58 episodes.
      I loved The Affair! Well, until they killed Alison off. But up until that point I saw every single episode. I agree, that's a good touchstone.

Comment

I loved The Affair! Well, until they killed Alison off. But up until that point I saw every single episode. I agree, that's a good touchstone.
        I hate watched every episode from, say, season 2 on. But I was stunned at how good the finale was. Talk about sticking the landing.

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
          I hate watched every episode from, say, season 2 on. But I was stunned at how good the finale was. Talk about sticking the landing.
          I must watch the last season now.

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
            Ha! I hate watched the first two seasons. I was intrigued by the technique of different POVs. But I disliked nearly all the characters. Those I didn't dislike were "eh, who cares." Maybe I'll watch the last season for the finale.
            Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Not sure if it's been mentioned but probably another attractive thing about high concept is irony in your premise.

Comment

Ruth Wilson left because of the showrunner making her be naked all the time for no reason.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...issues-1263553

QUOTE from article: says one source with firsthand knowledge of the production. "Over and over again, I witnessed Sarah Treem try to cajole actors to get naked even if they were uncomfortable or not contractually obligated to."

Comment

Working...
                X