What's a reasonable amount of time to create a quality screenplay?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's a reasonable amount of time to create a quality screenplay?

That's like asking "how many hours a day do I have to train to be a professional basketball player?" The major hurdle isn't hours invested.

As for Sorkin, et al, the question is "when's my deadline?" That's how long it takes to write a script.

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
      Sorkin has noted on several occasions he is in a constant state of writer's block.

But, this also goes a bit hand-in-hand with the "famous" Bruce Dickinson quote. Yes, the Bruce Dickinson. "I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records."

That's a good quote.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
        That's like asking "how many hours a day do I have to train to be a professional basketball player?" The major hurdle isn't hours invested.

As for Sorkin, et al, the question is "when's my deadline?" That's how long it takes to write a script.

True. Thanks Jeff.

Comment

Depends on the subject and how familiar you are with it.

It took me about 4 years to write Goodbye, Iraq because of the depth of research.

A lot of assignment stuff is based of existing IP, so there's less work involved there. Originals are quite difficult to perfect.

Comment

Working...
          X