Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Mary explodes in the next sentence --- I think it can still work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
      If Mary explodes in the next sentence --- I think it can still work.
      Or if Mary reaches for the ringing alarm clock with her foot and we see she is missing an arm, we can learn a lot about her in that opening sentence. ?

Comment

Either is better. A feign then a whammo. But I would do it ASAP.
        Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Originally posted by ZAZluvr View Post

My querying usually yields no responses from managers. And those responses I've gotten have gone nowhere. But I query for that .000001% chance my logline will connect with a manager and the .0000000001% chance my script will connect with a manager.

In the absence of high contest placement, however, to most managers I'm just another unknown, untrusted Joe Schmo with stars in my eyes.
          In my experience, if you have a concise query letter with a logline that smacks them in the face, you're going to get reads. If your script delivers, you're not Joe Schmo anymore. If it doesn't, hey, at least you saved all that money you would've spent on contests/black list or whatever. It all seems like mostly a racket to me. Keep writing the next thing until you're undeniable.

Comment

Querying your idea is also a great way to see if you are wring what readers want. So another reason to do that over just contests...

Comment

Working...
            X