Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Matrix: Ripped Off

The ideas in The Matrix are far from original.

Comment

we have chat? where? so, she was serious about the only a lady writing the matrix? no, please say that's not true.

anom, can you clarify this?

vig

Comment

I've never been in chat. Can I write the matrix? (Just the first one, please.)

I really want to write sensitive girlie dialogue like, "Look, Coppertop. Right now there's one rule: OUR way or the highway."
        It's a celebration, bitches.

Comment

i don't know if any women would have wrote that trinity should be filmed from the back as she's walking, cause those tight leather getups make her look like a wishbone, her legs are so bowed.

the first time i saw her i said jesus, where are the chaps and her holster cause she just got done riding into town. giddeee-up.

vi

Comment

The case will be going to court next month... just hang in there. The truth will come forth. And if it turns out that the Wachowskis did, in fact, steal her story, a lot of HATE awaits them.

Comment

i wouldn't put it past them. not that being a complete freak has anything to do with integrity, but this wouldn't blow me away.

listen, just pick a dress and put on those pumps, just because you're my brother doen't mean i won't ***** slap you, now drop the lipstick we got a premier to go to.

do i have the correct brothers? and this makes anomolies comments about a woman writing it even more ludicrous, one of them is a woman for christ sakes.

vig

Comment

I guess I agree with Landis.

I hope the short story in the 1980s made more sense than the movie.

Yes, I am really ComicBent. I can't hide any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by vig
                  we have chat? where? so, she was serious about the only a lady writing the matrix? no, please say that's not true.

anom, can you clarify this?

vig
                  vig - from what I've seen, and judging (rightly or wrongly) the actions and thought processes of men, MOST men could not have written the Matrix. But it is true some could have. And, it is likely they weren't one of the Fab Five, if you catch my meaning. I was thinking more along the lines of the guys who visit this website and reveal themselves in chat.

not you.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Liver
                      I've never been in chat. Can I write the matrix? (Just the first one, please.)

I really want to write sensitive girlie dialogue like, "Look, Coppertop. Right now there's one rule: OUR way or the highway."
                      I am concerned about you, bad liver. Do you need a transplant?

The "our way or the highway" is typical coming from a woman who thinks she is being tough. Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by vig
                        i don't know if any women would have wrote that trinity should be filmed from the back as she's walking, cause those tight leather getups make her look like a wishbone, her legs are so bowed.

the first time i saw her i said jesus, where are the chaps and her holster cause she just got done riding into town. giddeee-up.

vi
                        that had nothing to do with the original script, i am sure.

lol

Comment

Originally posted by refriedwhiskey

hi refried.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar
                            The case will be going to court next month... just hang in there. The truth will come forth. And if it turns out that the Wachowskis did, in fact, steal her story, a lot of HATE awaits them.
                            thanks for the news.

Comment

Several thoughts:
                              Which one was it? Terminator or Matrix? You can't copyright an idea (and I con't think you should be able to) you can only copyright what you've actually written - if the script wasn't even finished how could she have written BOTH of these movies in one half-finished script?

Saying noone has addressed the second coming of christ in sci-fi is ridiculous - especially if she is including print media (which she seems to be.) there are hundreds, possibly thousands of stories in which a prophesied hero comes to save a community - what is ridiculous is to insist that these are about the second coming of Christ.

The core of The Matrix, for me, wasn't the incredibly cliche 'messianic' overtones but a great popular interpretation of what is known in philosophy arenas as "The evil demon hypothesis" that is "How do you know that the world ou live in, everything you experience isn't actually just an illusion created by an evil demon manipulating your mind?" It was one of my favourites studying philosophy because there's actually no way to prove that it's not and it tells you a lot about yourself when you ask yourself - would I down the red dimatapp gel-cap or the blue one! A theory posed and discussed by men, by the way...

Comment

Originally posted by Wordcaster
                                Several thoughts:
                                Which one was it? Terminator or Matrix? You can't copyright an idea (and I con't think you should be able to) you can only copyright what you've actually written - if the script wasn't even finished how could she have written BOTH of these movies in one half-finished script?

Saying noone has addressed the second coming of christ in sci-fi is ridiculous - especially if she is including print media (which she seems to be.) there are hundreds, possibly thousands of stories in which a prophesied hero comes to save a community - what is ridiculous is to insist that these are about the second coming of Christ.

The core of The Matrix, for me, wasn't the incredibly cliche 'messianic' overtones but a great popular interpretation of what is known in philosophy arenas as "The evil demon hypothesis" that is "How do you know that the world ou live in, everything you experience isn't actually just an illusion created by an evil demon manipulating your mind?" It was one of my favourites studying philosophy because there's actually no way to prove that it's not and it tells you a lot about yourself when you ask yourself - would I down the red dimatapp gel-cap or the blue one! A theory posed and discussed by men, by the way...
                                good points. let's wait and see what happens when it goes to court.

Comment

Working...
                                X