Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4 Quadrant Writing

Fixer is the most didactic loser I've seen here in a long time. What a joke you are, man.

Comment

Fixer is the most didactic loser I've seen here in a long time.
      And, holy sh-t, but that's saying a lot.

Comment

"Fixer is the most didactic loser I've seen here in a long time. What a joke you are, man."

Hey, but I'm "didactic." At least that distinguishes me from all the other "losers" you've "seen here in a long time."

Is that the missing quadrant?

Comment

Originally posted by Fixer-Upper Brother
          " Gee, I wish I had written the quoatation above.
          You will Fixer. You will.
          http://wasitsomethingiwrote.blogspot.com/

Comment

if you only had brain.

vig

Comment

The May/June issue of 'creativescreenwriting magazine' has an article by Josh Spector 'The Craft of Writing the Four Quadrant Film'. Recent examples of 4Q films in the article are 'The Incredibles', 'Shrek', 'Finding Nemo', 'The Rookie' and 'Pirates of the Caribbean'.

"You have to have a film that adults will want to see even on a night when they may leave the kids at home."

"The first piece of advice from the four quadrant experts is that writers need to make sure they are writing for one particular audience-themselves. "I don't write for kids or adults, I write for me," says Stanton. "We are our toughest critics, and we just want to make a good movie. It's bad thinking to worry about your audience." Stanton adds that this approach is often easier said than done."

Rose boils all this advice down to: Basically, you either have what it takes or you don't to be a working screenwriter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose

Rose boils all this advice down to: Basically, you either have what it takes or you don't to be a working screenwriter.

But any advice/information you can glean in the meantime will assist you in determining that.

Comment

Does Rose really refer to herself in the third person?

Comment

Originally posted by refriedwhiskey
                    Does Rose really refer to herself in the third person?
                    We are not amused.

Comment

I'd like to have been in on the "strokey beard" type meeting where marketing execs had to come up with a fancy label that meant "everyone".

It reminds me a bit of Eddie Izzard's "Englebert Humperdink" routine.

Terry was right. Brain cloud.
                      "So I guess big parts of our youth are supposed to suck. Otherwise we'd get too attached and wake up one day trapped on a hamster wheel that used to look like a merri-go-round." - Hal Sparks

Comment

I guess, if nothing else, we should recognize it as an industry term that may be used in our presence by people we're trying to sell our scripts to, and understanding what it means is probably a good thing.
                        Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

Comment

Didn't realize I did a Dole. Just wanted to make certain my opinion was not mistaken as part of the article.

Comment

They've long used the 4 quadrants in audience research. I used to do audience surveys for NBC. Whatever program we were calling about, we'd have to interview an equal number of men and women, older and younger. After we talked to enough people in one quadrant, someone would call out to the rest of the room, "Men Under are closed!"

Comment

Originally posted by Joaneasley
                              After we talked to enough people in one quadrant, someone would call out to the rest of the room, "Men Under are closed!"
                              Title: "Men Under"
                              Logline: A group of men ages 18-35 must deal with the fact they are no longer the dominant marketing demographic.

Procter & Gamble are attached to produce.
                              "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"
                              "If I didn't have inner peace I'd totally go psycho on you guys all the time." - Carl Carlson

Comment

Working...
                              X