As a writers, how do you feel about this site?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: As a writers, how do you feel about this site?

Originally posted by creativexec
    Is the manager prowling other websites stealing loglines to post in his blog? Or was the logline sent to him in a query letter by the writer himself?
    If it's the former: Who has the time to devote to this and still be an effective manager?

If it's the latter: Who has the time to devote to this and still be an effective manager?

Comment

CE:

It was both a typo and poor syntax. I meant "... a logline I had seen on 2 Adverbs." No, it was not mine.

It was one of the loglines for your lottery. I remembered it because I make a point to read your feedback on the entries.

Was it lifted from 2 Adverbs and pasted into this blog? Possibly. Or, the writer could have queried the manager who then posted it on his blog.

If the mysterious manager was the now deceased Adrian Loudermilk, as some say, the logs posted on the site since his death indicate other industry people post queries there to be ridiculed.

Ironically, I had also queried Loudermilk in late 2004. By the time he requested my script I had started working with another manager.

(BTW: I'm not a "he.")
      Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Originally posted by BROUGHCUT
        Tig, I don't think it's fair to assume that Adrian knowingly got in the car with a drunk driver. This may be the case, but if you are basing this on the same media reports I've seen linked to from DD, she was arrested for being over the limit -- obviously a very grave mistake on Adrian's part, but it's at least possible that it was an innocent one.
        I agree that my response to this situation was very hard handed. And if Adrian is not the anonymous manager behind the blog, I totally apologize and bow my head in shame as I try to scurry my little mean ass self out of this thread, trying not to get my tail caught in the door.

But if he is, then he opened himself up to ridicule by others just for having the blog which is all about ridicule. And I do realize that two wrongs don't make a right. Thank goodness I'm not one of those unstable screenwriters who has been humiliated, who might think that having the last laugh is pissing on his grave.

Now I can't really think that a successful manager would have time to surf for bad loglines, god knows he should get enough just coming to him. And yes, anytime you use a mass email query service you open yourself up to this. Hell, I don't even have time to go look at the blog except when I see a link in one of these threads and then I just see it as anonymous bullying. If it was not anonymous, I'd have nothing to say about this.

WCMartell said his zombie rom/com was on the site and you really don't know who is feeding them.

But the biggest shame to me, besides my bad behavior, is that damn blog would be a part of his legacy.

Tig

Comment

perhaps he/she is getting sent loglines now. I got the impression last year some of the comments were posted by industry types (perhaps visting via defamer). No doubt they got the logline fodder from some query service to start off with, though. The manager/s existing clients -- assuming they have any -- are probably suffering the most, although I occasionaly saw a good idea on there that could get ripped off (the alzheimer's suffer who went to rescue his grandson from Iraq probably was not one of them, I have to admit ).
          The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

That site has gone downhill ever since the epic SHARKOS trilogy was concluded.

I still can't believe the evil Sharkies accidently blew up their own planet in the final installment... What a twist!

Comment

I have a feeling SHARKOS will never really be finished.

I mean, come on! Red eyes and chicken feet! Would you stop at three scripts?
              Quantum Mechanics is God's way of making sure we never really know what's going on.

Comment

Naw, the trilogy is complete. The prequels, on the other hand ...

Comment

I haven't read through this thread, but SHEESH!

How many times are we gonna start threads about this query letter site?

This is the fourth one in the past few months.

BTW, I don't have a problem with the site. Perhaps it will encourage people not to write bad loglines or ridiculous concepts.
                  "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Working...
                  X