sex

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: sex

    If it takes you more than two sentences to describe a sex scene, you're screwing up.
    See, I would argue the opposite. If you can describe it in two sentences, it's probably gratuitous.

    If a sex scene is worth writing, it should tell us something about the characters or story. Otherwise, it could just as easily be implied and save a minute of screen-time. (Not that I mind gratuitous sex. )

    But that doesn't mean lots of gory details. We don't need to know about the plumbing. It means special details that make that particular sex matter.

    The sex scenes in Basic Instinct, 9 1/2 Weeks, or Last Tango in Paris work because they're not just two people humping. They're integral to the story. And you can't write them in two sentences.
    They cursed us forever, making us prefer dreams to lives.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: sex

      What if you're writing "Co-ed Sex Party II: Amber Gets Hers"?

      I guess maybe those kinds of movies don't have scripts...

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: sex

        "The sex scenes in Basic Instinct, 9 1/2 Weeks, or Last Tango in Paris work because they're not just two people humping. They're integral to the story. And you can't write them in two sentences."

        You mean like when Christian Slater gets it in The Name of the Rose?

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: sex

          Okay what I meant was don't make it gratuitious.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: sex

            have already made modifications to the scene but i think the scene is essential for the script, that is the ONLY sex scene in it. One of the main reason i had the sex scene was because the character was geering to please her man, so i used sex as her action of pleasing the guy

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: sex

              Originally posted by Jamesfox
              have already made modifications to the scene but i think the scene is essential for the script, that is the ONLY sex scene in it. One of the main reason i had the sex scene was because the character was geering to please her man, so i used sex as her action of pleasing the guy
              Well, I'm all for sex scenes. (Not to thrust my opinions onto anyone else, repeatedly, with a rising passion that becomes like a fire burning every fibre of their joined flesh like ... like ... well, it's just an opinion)

              BUT ... now that you say that, that the REAL purpose of the action isn't sex but pleasing a guy ... I gotta ask: could you be on the threshold of writing something quite unique?

              Is there something very revealing of your character's psyche that she could do that ISN'T sex? Because ... "gave sex to please him" .... that's human but it's also been done. It's common (which might work perfectly in your story, I can't know)

              Have you thought about the possible alternatives to sex? You might reveal something very deep and vulnerable about your character.

              "The whore with the heart of gold" ... that's an oft-used character, yes ... but often used BECAUSE it lets you see something DEEPER in her soul than the mere sex-act.

              Go deep.
              sigpic
              "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
              that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
              -Mahatma Gandhi.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: sex

                I'm just tossing out an idea here. Maybe he secretly caught a glimpse of her strap-on, fresh out of a UPS box. And ever since he was a young boy, he's always wanted to get banged by a strap-on. But the priests never had any in their arsenal when he was an altar boy. But now is his chance. His lone objective for the scene is to get her to put on that strap-on and go to town on him. That way, we'll see the vulnerability when he slides out the K-Y.

                Could be powerful. It's all about high-concept and writing a great script. This could be the opening scene. It will tell the reader or producer that you're a writer to be reckoned with, and they'll want to read more. Seriously.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: sex

                  they melt into each other's arms like two candles meeting under a heat lamp.

                  vig

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: sex

                    Originally posted by tabula rasa
                    Well, I'm all for sex scenes. (Not to thrust my opinions onto anyone else, repeatedly, with a rising passion that becomes like a fire burning every fibre of their joined flesh like ... like ... well, it's just an opinion)

                    BUT ... now that you say that, that the REAL purpose of the action isn't sex but pleasing a guy ... I gotta ask: could you be on the threshold of writing something quite unique?

                    Is there something very revealing of your character's psyche that she could do that ISN'T sex? Because ... "gave sex to please him" .... that's human but it's also been done. It's common (which might work perfectly in your story, I can't know)

                    Have you thought about the possible alternatives to sex? You might reveal something very deep and vulnerable about your character.

                    "The whore with the heart of gold" ... that's an oft-used character, yes ... but often used BECAUSE it lets you see something DEEPER in her soul than the mere sex-act.

                    Go deep.



                    she already revealed something about herself to him, he did the same. i look at the sex scene as an action that strenghtn the bonds they had for each other, and it did

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: sex

                      If she was really serious about pleasing the guy, then your sex scene would require the man and two women.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: sex

                        I think miles is onto something, that's a powerful and painful angle to approach this subject from, especially if she denies him the K-Y, thus exposing his raw emotions.

                        -Derek
                        Derek's Web Page - stories, screenplays, novels, insanity.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: sex

                          Originally posted by dpaterso
                          I think miles is onto something, that's a powerful and painful angle to approach this subject from, especially if she denies him the K-Y, thus exposing his raw emotions.

                          -Derek
                          Derek's Web Page - stories, screenplays, novels, insanity.
                          Bingo dpat! She denies him the K-Y! See what happens when we start brainstorming, everybody? It's like the K-Y is his childhood and she's like, sorry buddy, your childhood is over. She flings the tube into the furnace, and as it sears under the flames, he gasps, and suddenly, he whispers out painfully: Roseblood, Roseblood...

                          He never had his childhood.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: sex

                            How does that song go?

                            I believe in miracles
                            Wear your braw
                            You sexy thing

                            http://www.amiright.com/misheard/son...exything.shtml
                            If you really like it you can have the rights
                            It could make a million for you overnight

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: sex

                              Originally posted by miles
                              She denies him the K-Y! See what happens when we start brainstorming, everybody? It's like the K-Y is his childhood and she's like, sorry buddy, your childhood is over. She flings the tube into the furnace, and as it sears under the flames, he gasps, and suddenly, he whispers out painfully: Roseblood, Roseblood... He never had his childhood.
                              She's his daughter and his sister!

                              -Derek
                              Derek's Web Page - stories, screenplays, novels, insanity.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: sex

                                Originally posted by dpaterso
                                She's his daughter and his sister!

                                -Derek
                                Derek's Web Page - stories, screenplays, novels, insanity.
                                Oh, man, talk about a close-knit family.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X