Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Script

what do you do after you complete a script, i have done numerouse rewrites, and am starting on a research for a new script, so what should i do about the first one( by the way, its good).
    Plus i have numerous people read it, and have had good reviews, but one thing i wanted to do was to find a veteran screenwriter to look at it. what do you think? ideas please

Re: Finished Script

considering your posts are layered in poor syntax and grammar, like mine, i'll say this... post your first five in script pages and get ready.

you are in no way ready to hand this script to anyone cause it's probably awful.

so post the first five get ready to have your rearend handed to you and remember this. you must learn the craft before you think about sending your script out.

vig

Comment

You can do the same thing on a larger scale over at the American Zoetrope Virtual Studio (www.zoetrope.com). Post the whole thing, and over the course of a month the other denizens over there will write you thorough reviews, and kick your tail if necessary.

Note: Those people are not mean, but they will tell you the unvarnished truth about your baby. Be prepared.

Comment

I agree with posting on Zoetrope. Not every review you'll get will be helpful, but there's always one or two that are simply amazing.

I noticed the number of reviews I've gotten on scripts went up with each script I submitted. My first got 4 reviews and my last got 26.

The other great thing about Zoetrope is you have to read other people's work so you can post yours. Reading a lot of scripts will help you learn about craft. You'll spot problems in other people's work before you see it in your own.

Good luck and let us know if you do post on Zoetrope. There's a lot of people here who belong there and I'm sure many will go and check out your completed script.

Comment

Depends on how ready your script is at this time. Zoetrope is not where you
          will get the "Hollywood-shark-like" feedback as you do here. You really want
          to know how good/bad your script is, post five pages and see where the
          holes are. My first posting here I had feedback given by Max Adams (she wrote "Excess Baggage").

She told me like it was, in a kind way, but changed my writing style from the
          get-go. I don't think you'll have any pros or truly experienced writers (novelists,
          journalist, etc.) at Zoe.

Charli

Comment

what do you do after you complete a script
            Reach for the Ben & Jerry's.

But also if you're going for coverage use a professional service. You get what you pay for.

Comment

Just asking, this isn't the same script whose pages you posted, by any chance? Save yourself some money and don't bother with coverage just yet. They'll all tell you the same thing anyway -- needlessly wordy description, on the nose dialogue, intrusive anachronisms, careless grammar. Alas it's tough to look beyond all this and see your great story, I'd work on fixing these problems before doing anything with the screenplay. No, really.

-Derek
              Derek's Web Page - stories, screenplays, novels, insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronB
                You can do the same thing on a larger scale over at the American Zoetrope Virtual Studio (www.zoetrope.com). Post the whole thing, and over the course of a month the other denizens over there will write you thorough reviews, and kick your tail if necessary.

Note: Those people are not mean, but they will tell you the unvarnished truth about your baby. Be prepared.
                Are there dangers in posting a whole script?

Comment

What sort of dangers do you mean? If you're talking about having someone steal your script, well, your best defense against that is WGA and/or copyright registration. That should be the first thing you do with a script after you've completed a draft.

Other sorts of dangers include carpal tunnel syndrome from spending too much time on the web, or having your performance drop off at work because screenwriting is all you can think about. Oh, and then there's the chance of developing a drinking habit.

As far as those things go, you're pretty much on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by alex whitmer
                    Are there dangers in posting a whole script?
                    The biggest danger is probably that people realize your script is crap from start to finish. That can be quite a devasting experience.

-Derek
                    Derek's Web Page - stories, screenplays, novels, insanity.

Comment

Derek

You must've killed a thousand hopes with this one!

Comment

Working...
                      X