Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Those Hot Summer Nights script contest

Well here we go, let's try this and see if enough people are up for it, what's the worst that can happen?! Insert tumbleweeds.gif here.

5 script pages maximum, no genre restrictions, the thread title is just a vague thought-tickling suggestion, write whatever the heck you want.

Email your entry to dpaterson57 @ gmail.com

I'm okay with PDF if you can't figure how to export formatted text from your software.

If you mention, when you enter, that your pages are based on any of the loglines you entered in the Logline Throwndown contests, you will earn yourself 3 shiny bonus points.

Deadline: next Sunday, midnight on the 20th. What, you can't write 5 pages in 7 days? Or in 8 days if you start writing today.

We'll figure out the voting deadline once the entries are posted, probably around Thu 24.

Reply if you might enter just so we have an idea of whether the contest might be a go, or not.

For posterity, the entries thread is here and the results thread is here.
    Last edited by dpaterso; 06-29-2021, 02:01 AM.

Enough grocery shopping (i.e. loglines)! Time to make the dish. I'm in!

Comment

My writing confidence is pretty low right now. What's public ridicule over 5 pages gonna hurt? I'm in.

Comment

I love this contest idea and I'll definitely enter.

Thank you, dpaterso and bioprofessor, for keeping the board fun!

Comment

Originally posted by lostfootage View Post

Thank you, dpaterso and bioprofessor, for keeping the board fun!
          Absolutely agree.

But in my humble opinion, dpat, for the contest to have the most benefit for all contestants if the object is to judge the writing, I think the contest should be for only the first five pages max. Also, the opening five should be for any unfinished story or undeveloped idea. No extra points if you write the opening for one of your own throwdown loglines.

Comment

Originally posted by realphipps View Post
            My writing confidence is pretty low right now. What's public ridicule over 5 pages gonna hurt? I'm in.
            When a baseball player goes into a hitting slump, he doesn't stop hitting. Instead, he spends a bunch more time/effort hitting off a tee, doing soft toss and bp. These contests are a writer's "hitting tee."
            Last edited by bioprofessor; 06-13-2021, 02:36 PM.

Comment

In, think I’ll tackle one of my logline entries.

Comment

Congrats on already winning this contest, Jeff.
                Last edited by Bono; 06-13-2021, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
                  In, think I’ll tackle one of my logline entries.
                  I was thinking the same or one of the other ideas I've posted on the forums -- that way people can know NOT to vote for my pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

I was thinking the same or one of the other ideas I've posted on the forums -- that way people can know NOT to vote for my pages.
                    I know you use yourself as a foil for humor here, but just to state the obvious, few here are as passive aggressive as you portray.

Comment

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post

I know you use yourself as a foil for humor here, but just to state the obvious, few here are as passive aggressive as you portray.
                      Forget passive aggressiveness, I can't even remember what I ate for dinner last night, let alone remember people's original loglines from previous contests.

Comment

Just to state the obvious, most of you don't get how jokes work. I will takes my business elsewhere. Thank you for your consideration.

Comment

Maybe you don't get how jokes work?

When they consistently fall flat, that's not an audience problem. That's poor joke writing.

Comment

Originally posted by realphipps View Post
                            Maybe you don't get how jokes work?

When they consistently fall flat, that's not an audience problem. That's poor joke writing.
                            I think Bono is very funny. I get his humor. FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by lostfootage View Post

I think Bono is very funny. I get his humor. FYI.
                              I think he's ruining the board. It's much better when no one posts and people receive zero feedback on anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X