Just write it! 3-page writing challenge (January, 2022)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got three pages, a title and an insipid logline, but I'm not sure how you DM a text file.

EDIT: Well, I thought I had it figured out, but it wouldn't let me attach a text file. Said I wasn't authorized to do so. I guess the Done Deal Pro gag reflex kicked in.
    STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Centos View Post
      I've got three pages, a title and an insipid logline, but I'm not sure how you DM a text file.

EDIT: Well, I thought I had it figured out, but it wouldn't let me attach a text file. Said I wasn't authorized to do so. I guess the Done Deal Pro gag reflex kicked in.
      Too funny! One entrant sent me a txt file via DM. Perhaps (s)he could offer some suggestions. Can you convert it to a pdf? If not, we'll have to wait for the DDP techies to chime in.

Comment

You can attach files via messages now. I sent a PDF as test to buddy on here. Maybe even a way to exchange specs without using email which may open more people up to reads. So don’t see why a text file wouldn’t work easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
          You can attach files via messages now. I sent a PDF as test to buddy on here. Maybe even a way to exchange specs without using email which may open more people up to reads. So don’t see why a text file wouldn’t work easily.
          However I was trying to send it last night didn't have bioprofessor's name at the top (as recipient), so I guess I was trying to go with the wrong option. It pretty much looked the same, except for the lack of a recipient. At any rate it looks like I finally found the right route, got past DDP's gag reflex mechanism and (I think) it was successfully sent. At least it shows up in my Sent folder.
          STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
            Two weeks before the submission deadline for our 3-page writing challenge! Six entries, so far. C'mon, let's go for at least 10!
            I'll send you mine one hour before the deadline, like I normally do.

Comment

Originally posted by lostfootage View Post

I'll send you mine one hour before the deadline, like I normally do.
              Sounds good. That's EDT, btw.

Comment

7 entries, and only 6 days to go!

Comment

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
                  7 entries, and only 6 days to go!
                  I'd better get on it! (Seriously, I will be sending you something and I'll aim to have it in the day before the deadline. I'm trying to change, man.)

Comment

I'd better get on it! (Seriously, I will be sending you something and I'll aim to have it in the day before the deadline. I'm trying to change, man.)
                    Get your **** together and win this thing.

Comment

Hey, no judgement. Some people work better against a deadline. Of course, they also require more medication. 😆

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

Get your **** together and win this thing.
                        I'm working on it!

Comment

8 entries so far...
                          ⏰
                          Submission deadline: Midnight (EDT), Friday, Jan 28, 2022

Comment

Can not wait to read some of the people here.

Comment

Originally posted by BeverlyWain View Post
                              Can not wait to read some of the people here.
                              If I were you, I'd be curious too.

This will be a fun one. Usually it's eight-page shorts or loglines. I don't know if we've done first three pages before.

Comment

Self censoring.
                                Last edited by Centos; 01-25-2022, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X