Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just One Scene - Contest #1

This contest was patterned after Scott Myers’s Scene-Writing Challenge. Each month on his Go into The Story blog, Myers challenges writers to create a scene based on a generic scene prompt. Have fun!
    Our contest prompt:

A scene between a senior citizen and a teenager.

Submission Guidelines
    • Scene TWO PAGES or less
    • Screenplay format (TV, feature, etc.)
    • Any genre
    • Send submissions (pdf) to “bioprofessor” by Saturday, May 7, 2022.
    Voting
    • Send your vote for the top 3 scenes to bioprofessor by Wednesday, May 11, 2022
    • Do not vote for your own work
    • Results announced by Thursday, May 12, 2022

What if we make a bracket tournament out of it?

Comment

In!
      I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyfress View Post
          What if we make a bracket tournament out of it?

Good sport, Cyfress! 😄

Comment

What drew me to a contest featuring a short scene between two (or more) characters, was Myer's recommendation for what you shouldn't do - spend valuable real estate on plot and scene description. And what you should do - know who your characters are, and then create action and dialogue between them that reveals what makes them tick, and hints toward their motivations.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
              I'm in.
              Welcome to the camp...

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
                In!
                Welcome, you all know why you're here.

Comment

I'll give this one a shot. Got a scene drafted and seasoning for a day.

The world needs more senior citizens in film. I recently watched Art Carney in Harry and Tonto and then The Late Show. Both are so freaking good.

Comment

I just googled and the answer to what age is senior citizen is all over the place, but it's probably much much younger than you're thinking. It's closer to 60 than 80. 62 seemed to be the most common answer I found. But at 55 you can start getting benefits. BTW this is what I would write about in my pages.

Comment

Art was in his mid 50s in both those roles though I guess he was playing characters a bit older. My wife recieves AARP literature having just turned 50. She hates that to no end.

Comment

Originally posted by Haskell View Post
                        I'll give this one a shot. Got a scene drafted and seasoning for a day.

The world needs more senior citizens in film. I recently watched Art Carney in Harry and Tonto and then The Late Show. Both are so freaking good.
                        I agree. Kingsman with Michael Caine comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                          I just googled and the answer to what age is senior citizen is all over the place, but it's probably much much younger than you're thinking. It's closer to 60 than 80. 62 seemed to be the most common answer I found. But at 55 you can start getting benefits. BTW this is what I would write about in my pages.
                          I think any age over 55 would do it, but there are plenty of interesting twists available, if you think about it.

Comment

Oh so we have to think about it as well, nobody mentioned thinking up front!

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
                              Oh so we have to think about it as well, nobody mentioned thinking up front!
                              The prerequisite is on a sliding scale, dpat. 😉

Comment

Working...
                              X