Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bono View Post
    Well this all proves how objective things are -- I mean my mind and my votes leaned toward the funnier entries. I see religious references and current events and I find that a lot more tired than Star Wars parodies.

In general, I really liked the people that came up with original stuff I haven't read in some form many times over.
    As your entry demonstrated, comedy and current events/themes are not mutually exclusive. In fact, that just may be the sweet spot for a relatable, entertaining and marketable story.

Comment

Glad you liked it bio but my entry was really just about a dumb teenager waiting 18 years just so he can make a dumb joke. I couldn’t help but reference real life.

Point stands it’s always subjective. What I was trying to do might not be what was done.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
        The humorless drelbs! They should have given you a special award for that level of pun.
        As someone solely of Scottish descent, I admit I had to look up the word "drelb." Never before had I heard or seen this word. Thank you for adding this to my lexicon.
        https://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/core/chrome-extension://cfnpidifppmenkapgihekkeednfoenal/img/Ico_Bar_Green.png
        drelb - Urban Dictionary
        https://www.urbandictionary.com › define › term=drelb
        Jul 14, 2019 — "A spineless, mommy's boy with a likely tiny pencil penis, room temperature IQ, with the look on his face of constipated, retarded troll doll."

Ex. (mine): "the tiny tintinnabulation, faint as fairy bells."

Ah, yes. The drelbs, the drelbs, "the tiny tintinnabulation" of the drelbs, "faint as fairy bells." Hm. I can see this in lights on a marquee, like the movie The Incredibles: (wait for it)... The Drelbs! The possibilities seem limitless for a limited series.

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
        They should have given you a special award for that level of pun.
        Thank you. Thank you. Thank you very much.
        Last edited by Clint Hill; 05-13-2022, 06:50 AM.
        “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
          Glad you liked it bio but my entry was really just about a dumb teenager waiting 18 years just so he can make a dumb joke. I couldn’t help but reference real life.

Point stands it’s always subjective. What I was trying to do might not be what was done.
          I ain't buying that, given Greg's passionate dialogue, a certain political party crying "fraud" every time they lose an election, and the ridiculous hoops we make people jump through to vote in the US.

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 1.01.27 PM.png

https://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​
          Last edited by bioprofessor; 05-13-2022, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X