Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnanimous Feet Contest

...check it out, DDers, a 75-word competition on the Rouge Wave. The winner will receive a $25 gift certificate. Contest ends May 23rd.

Julie Gray

Re: Magnanimous Feet Contest

I know you Americans get those BBC channels over there. Usually voted our best-ever sit-com is a show called Only Fools and Horses. Check it out if its ever on.

This reminds me of Del-boy's poor use of French whenever he concludes to his younger brother how clever he is "Mange-tout, Rodders, mange-tout!"

This isn't my answer, I'm about to bring out the Oxford Dictionary, but I'd like to take this moment to thank La Femme for a truly wonderful site (it's an insult to call it a blog; it's so much more than that). I don't visit for like three days and then there's three new, hefty articles that are all so insightful and profound that it makes my mind boggle.

With this kind of proficiency, I can only conclude that La Femme has finished her killer script and can sit back safe in the knowledge that a possee of agents, managers and producers are scurrying around on her behalf, hell-bent on getting that script sold and made. Well done and again, thank you.
    A lovely being, scarcely formed or moulded,
    A rose with all its sweetest leaves yet folded.

Comment

Ah-ha. Just visited the site (told you it wasn't every day) and just realized what the rules are.
      A lovely being, scarcely formed or moulded,
      A rose with all its sweetest leaves yet folded.

Comment

Mister Q! I am blushing! The RW has become a bit of a passion project for me. The more Rouge Wavers encourage me, the more I contribute to content and cool sidebars. I do have numerous posses doing numerous things as I continue to build my empire but Schuster and I are actually writing a horror and an action-pic concurrently in addition to the RW and my other forays. Eating and sleeping are over-rated

Julie Gray

Comment

Whatever happened to the cupcake?
          "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars... The rest I just squandered."
          George Best

Comment

lol the cupcake offers come and go. nobody has ever actually demanded their cupcake. but the first Rouge Waver that does - I swear to god I'll find a way to send a cupcake.
            The competition submissions will be accepted until midnight today and then the voting begins tomorrow. Some of the submissions are just hilarious. Who knew that the Rouge Waver readers are so talented and so funny?!

Julie Gray

Comment

Julie, "magnanimous" is a word that's just so over my head.

I'm going to drown my shame and ignorance in a cupcake of
              my own.

Good luck with the contest though.

See you soon with your rough draft service!
              myhomeconvalesceblog

Comment

The competition is heating up! We have 16 entrants so far and some are particularly hilarious. Dang it, I think I'm really going to have to give out that prize! Deadline is midnight tonight, Pacific Time, and voting is tomorrow!

Julie Gray

Comment

18 writers took the challenge. Cleverly incorporate the phrase "magnanimous feet" in less than 75 words. Only one writer can win.

It was a ridiculous challenge. Ludicrous some might say. More than one entrant flipped the rules the bird and flagrantly went over the word count. One writer contributed a naughty take on the subject. Another wrote a haiku. But somehow, we all bonded over the experience.

Your vote matters.

Go to www.rougewave.blogspot today and vote. Polls close today at midnight, Pacific Time.

Julie Gray

Comment

Done Dealers should know that your very own PullbackReveal is the winner of the Magnanimous Feet Competition on the Rouge Wave! Go to the Wave to check out his winning entry!

Julie Gray

Comment

Congrats PBR. Nice one.
                      sigpic

Comment

With one swell foop, PBR has earned more from writing this year than most of the rest of us put together! Congrats!

-Derek

Comment

Working...
                        X