This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September ScriptFever Exercise

Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and start a thread for a new ScriptFever exercise. I don't know how many people will be interested in this since many participated in Doubler's Aug exercise-- everyone might be fevered out-- but what the heck...

I have another project outlined and ready to go. I've built up a little writing momentum here and want to keep it going. Anyone is welcome to join me.

The same “rules” apply:
    1. Declare your intention to join in.
    2.Write a minimum of 90 pages in 30 days.
    3. At the end of the month, if you'd like, you can post your logline & 5 pages.
    4. Start time is 12:00 AM your local time, Sept 1st. End time is 11:59 PM, Sept 30.

Everyone is welcome. Partners are ok as long as they are fellow DDers.

And I'll even take people who are 20-25 pages into a project. I don't really care! The more people the better. It's all about slappin' down pages and gettin' 'er done. So if you started the last exercise and totally washed out, here's your chance at redemption.

Do you want to try a new genre?

Do you have a old project you've been wanting to get back to?

Do you need a little motivation?

Want to develop a routine and get faster?

This might be for you!

So if you want to give it a try, get your outline ready!

We start in 9 days!... Tues, Sept 1st.

~Laura

Last edited by Laura Reyna; 09-01-2009, 09:16 AM.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Re: September ScriptFever Exercise

Alright I'm in Laura. It's a comedy. That has the potential to be hilarious.
    I rock it for Jesus and I'm in love.

Dreaming the impossible dream, working towards realizing it one day at a time.

http://johnnyatthemovies.wordpress.com/

Comment

Awesome, Johnny!

Looking for a few more to join in. If anyone out there thought about doing the last one but didn't for whatever reason, here's another chance.

We all need a little motivation sometimes.

Not counting today, you have 7 days to get an outline together. Even if it's just a one page overview, I highly recommend you work your story out ahead of time.

I'll be doing an action/fantasy.

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Still looking for some participants!

If you're thinking about starting a project real soon, this might be the way to go.

I can be a real bitch, so if you need extra motivation, just say the word & I'll ride your ass hard throughout this coming month!

4 days until we start!

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

I'll get in on this. I need to force myself to get this horror story off the ground.

Three pages a day should be no problem, right?

Comment

Cool having you on board, LaWizard!

Yeah, 3 pgs a day doesn't sound too bad-- in theory...

Still would like to have a couple more people!

Remember, pro writers have deadlines. This is a good opportunity to practice writing to deadline while you're still an amateur.

Official start for the Sept ScriptFever is at Midnight.

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Have fun! I'm going to sit this one out. I wrote a script in July, not in any kind of frenzy, I just happened to write it really quickly. And then I did Doubler's Script Frenzy in August. So now I have two that need re-writing. And my next project is nothing more than a pile of ideas right now.

I'm going to spend September re-writing the last two and outlining the next one. Not a whole lot of writing.

Comment

It's going to be worse for me cause I'm trying to write some sort of outline for this one. I've never done it before but want to try as so many pro writers say things like, "The most important part of the process is the outline." I'm also using notecards.

Comment

Originally posted by LaWizard View Post
                  It's going to be worse for me cause I'm trying to write some sort of outline for this one. I've never done it before but want to try as so many pro writers say things like, "The most important part of the process is the outline." I'm also using notecards.
                  Having an outline is good idea. Even if it's just a page full of bullet points.

Some people find it tough to wrap their minds around outlining, but it's worth giving the technique a try.

Good luck!

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Exercise started this morning at Midnight.

So far we have:
                    stvnlra (Laura)-- Action Adv/ Fantasy/Thriller
                    Johnny-- Comedy
                    LaWizard-- Horror

If you check the opening post you'll see I've changed the guidelines slightly. Seems some people who participated in the last exercise are reluctant to post their 5 pages for various reasons. This is a public forum so I understand the hesitancy.

So now the posting of your pages will be strictly voluntary, with no judging or choosing of "the best". If you want to share what you've been working on, that's great. If you prefer not to, that's fine too.

Don't want to cause any undue stress. This isn't about being judged, it's about giving you structure and peer support in order to become more productive.

Hope to have a couple more people join up as we go along...

Good luck to everyone participating!

(PS I'll be posting what I think are helpful links in the next week or so.)
                    Last edited by Laura Reyna; 09-01-2009, 03:30 PM.

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Good luck to all. The last exercise almost killed me. I need to decompress. If this exercise happens again in Oct or November, I'm in. I will now start the rewrite of the one I just completed.
                      Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

I'm in again. Early this time. Got an idea for a crime script. I'll re-write my horror script simultaneously as I write this one.
                        Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

i'm working on my outline as we speak Laura! It's shaping up to be a cute teen comedy.
                          I rock it for Jesus and I'm in love.

Dreaming the impossible dream, working towards realizing it one day at a time.

http://johnnyatthemovies.wordpress.com/

Comment

I want in...let me see if my parter is up for it. If not, I will start fresh.

Thanks Laura!
                            The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

Comment

Oh, cool!

Adding to the list:
                              stvnlra (Laura)-- Action Adv. Fantasy/Thriller
                              Johnny-- Comedy
                              LaWizard-- Horror
                              RyanJackson-- Crime Thriller

Great news, Johnny!

Hope you & partner can make it, zenplato. When you decide on your genre, let me know.

Ryan, I'll be working on the last one & this one at the same time too.

Been looking over my outline for this new one today. Haven't looked at it in a couple of months. It's an action adv/fantasy set in the Middle Ages. I don't know how i'm going to do those sword fights. Oy! Think I'll have to do more research.

Last edited by Laura Reyna; 09-01-2009, 03:49 PM.

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Working...
                              X