• Show
Clear All

• Valentine Virtuosos Writing Exercise

VALENTINE VIRTUOSOS WRITING COMPETITION
    3rd Feb 'til Deadline of 14th February 2012
    5 Pages based on following scenario

Sneaky admin insert: the contest entries thread is here

Scenario~

Willie Frightkin is a troubled twenty-something , you see, he believes that his new girlfriend, Ursula, has been exhibiting some very strange behaviour recently. She was always a little odd, an oddity, but then again, so is Willie, who with his only friend Grant Caesar, have tended to keep themselves to themselves in the small town of MORDANT.

Grant's suspicions have recently been alerted having repeatedly observed Ursula returning to the town's graveyard over the last few nights at a little after the witching hour. Why is Grant there? We simply don't know but your imagination will come in here, as elsewhere?

What's worse, in only 48 hours it's Valentine's day! The stakes are well and truly up because Willie has a ring and what's more, is intending to get engaged to Ursula, he has a table booked for 7.00pm on the eve of Feb 14th at the Tipsy Cat, 78 Main Street... that seems good and well you say, romantic and fitting even, except...

~based upon his own experiences and his friend's nocturnal observations, he has come to the firm conclusion that his new girlfriend, in spite of the fact she is walking around town in the daytime, may in fact be DEAD!

Ursula on the other hand is looking forward to the 14th Feb, her tarot cards have promised a big change in her life on that day!

Is Ursula dead, or just pale and white in appearance with a low pulse and taken by visiting graves, midnight machinations? Will Willie lose her and go back to 10 more years of singledom? What does he do? The restaurant is booked, the flowers timed to arrive 'tableside' at 7.30pm... his girlfriend possibly a card-carrying member of the living dead... 48 hours slips away very quickly!

We need to know what happens! Lots of possibilities and your take and that of other entrants will differ, which is where the 'scenario' competition should prove interesting.

Okay, down to business, what we require folks~
    Please write a 5 page short script based upon the above scenario, improv, add elements, do as you will. Massacre it!

Deadline: 14th February 2012.

Last edited by dpaterso; 02-16-2012, 01:10 AM. Reason: adding details. + link to entries thread
    Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Re: Valentine Virtuosos Writing Exercise

Anybody thinking about this, tempted, can we tempt you in, to put your hard current writing projects aside and have some fun. If it seems specific, the idea is to rip into it and fashion your own take. If you want to write your own Valentine sketch, then we can go with that, but it would be nice to see a few takes on a scenario, as we intend to have OPEN WRITING contests later in the year....
    Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

1 week to go...

tick, tick, tick...

only 5 pages...

Comment

3 days to go.

Any last minute entrants, get it scribbled up now and off to Derek.

Comment

[email protected]

I thought I'd put up the email addy for entries, as I've received a query on where you're to send your hard work.

Derek is happy to accept plain text, or a pdf if you can't send it as plain text.

Please ask Derek or myself, Karl, if you have any other questions. Thanks.

Comment

Monday 13th-
            I've got some rewriting to do this evening, so it's all proving to be very last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by The Road Warrior View Post
              Monday 13th-
              I've got some rewriting to do this evening, so it's all proving to be very last minute.
              Ditto! Been working on other things. I am willing but flustered! Let's see if anything happens to pop out. Oo-er, missus.

Comment

Okay Band of Brothers - we'll wrap up the contest there, had a couple of apologies, somebody was doing a long hours run last week, but that's fine, we hope for at least 5 ideally, 8 is even better, but we'll vote by consensus on this one, and move on.

Late summer is probably the next time we'll set something up.

Comment

The 3 sadly lonely entries are here. If anyone has time to read and vote for 'em, well and good. Once that's done we'll ID the culprits and shame them publicly! Er, no, wait, scrub that... We'll applaud wildly, that's it.

How does Sunday night sound for voting?

Hello? Is this thing on?

Comment

Meh, zero response, so let's shrug and move on.

Comment

Working...
                    X