Noir themed writing exercise... forthcoming!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Noir themed writing exercise... forthcoming!

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
    Heh. Ironically, if this contest reflected a Noir theme, there would be no winners... everybody loses!
    So ... does this mean that being the biggest loser could make me the "best?" I'm already liking the sound of this!
    STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Centos View Post
      Yeah, right. You're just trying to get me to embarrass myself again. Like that's going to happen ... how gullible do you think I am? ... well ... maybe. But first I've got to really figure out what noir means. Someone has to be last, right?
      We'd be glad to have you play along. You know, I can't recall where folks came in the last competition, oh yes, a few names are coming back.

You're a good writer Centos, look at me, I got completely creamed in Halloween Hellraisers with Night of the Pumpkins, too long, didn't quite work, but after the big kids had kicked proverbial writing dirt in my face, I got up and back on my bike and carried on.
      The bike must be a METAPHOR for the laptop here, something like that.

But Centos, come on, you know you want to!
      Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Okay, upon checking in on Sat morning, I've had a couple of pms for potential new entrants, so that's good.

I'd still like to see some extra sign-ups: whether they be draftees, or enlisted men, we take both.

There's still oodles of time left, so please join in the fun peeps, any fencesitters, halfmadeupmymindtojoinin or notquitesureifIhavethetime folks who are still out there and dipping in.
        Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

nb, I've responded to queries that two new entrants pm'd me late yesterday or today, Sat 6th April, just to say... if those folks or anyone else for that matter hasn't received a reply, please let me know.

There should be a pm sitting in your inbox guys.

Welcome.

Comment

Any other issues or questions about what exactly you can submit, please ask.

- don't fret about not knowing NOIR, it's real easy to fit something into that category.

And we expect a few entries that are outside of the box.

Comment

kenklmn - sent you a pm today, Monday morning, and good to have you involved sir.
              Apologies again if I missed you.

Responded to two other posters by pm today.

Never had so many queries!

-just to clarify, you can still enter, there's no time limits on joining up, you can do so at any time before the deadline.
              I just like to hype the contest early on to give entrants the maximum time to enter and to get the numbers up.

Also, you don't need to post here or pm me to enter, you can just drop an entry on us, or to Dpat, by the deadline.

Some folks prefer to do that, but if you are entering, it's good to hear from you in here as we like to do a rough count you see, just gives an idea of how much interest there is -- there's plenty of it in this contest which is great of course.

Comment

Yeah, same as with previous contests, send your entries in PDF format please to dpaterson57 at gmail.com

If whatever software you're using hasn't got a PDF print or export option, consider installing PrimoPDF
                Check out the entries in the Logline Throwdown thread in Writing Exercises forum

Comment

Working...
                X