• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dangerous Dames" Writing Exercise, kick-off

"DANGEROUS DAMES"
    Noir Writing Exercise

Please submit your entry or entries by:

Sunday 21st April 2013 (Midnight)

The contest begins on 1st April 2013 and ends on 21st April 2013. This three week time period has been designed to allow you approximately one week to float ideas and then a further two weeks to scribble out your musings. Hopefully this will allow you be plenty of time to get something down.

Oh, and don't forget to enjoy the process.

So what do we require from entrants? That's simple enough-- 8 pages in screenplay format based upon a delectably, eerily, smoothly written...

Noirish themed topic.

Last edited by The Road Warrior; 04-04-2013, 12:50 AM.
    Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Re: "Dangerous Dames" Writ. Exer.

A few extras:

You may submit two entries, but no more, please!

Dpaterson, the co-admin, will GRACIOUSLY provide an email addy later on in -- probably as the contest heats up -- as the end location for your 8 page screenplay.

Ideally you will zip this over to Dpat in pdf format. This is the easiest way for us to receive and post up entries.

The entries will start to appear the day after the deadline in their very own thread, we'll then agree a period of time so that each of us may read and submit our votes. Details will be provided on how to vote at that time.

That's all folks.

Last edited by The Road Warrior; 04-04-2013, 01:12 AM.
    Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

I'm going to pass on this one - I actually sold a spec to an indy company and have meetings for the next two weeks with the Producer and Director to finish the first step rewrite.

But I'll read and vote when I get done!

Comment

Hey, big congrats!

Yeah I guess that takes priority. Good luck with the rewrite, and/or break a leg.
        Check out the entries in the Logline Throwdown thread in Writing Exercises forum

Comment

Just curious - if we go over the eight pages (even a touch), do we get kneecapped and thrown into the Hudson?

Comment

That's excellent Colin, enjoy your meetings, see you on the other side, around voting time.

and karlosd... yeah, no problem on going over the 8 pages slightly, definitely no reason to learn to swim.

Comment

Did somebody order some concrete overshoes?!
              Check out the entries in the Logline Throwdown thread in Writing Exercises forum

Comment

What size?

I have some 9s going spare.

Comment

Re: Noir themed writing exercise... forthcoming!

DAY 9: couple of days past a third of the way in, or, we're just inside the second of those thirds.

I'm still firmly rooted in the ideas stage, how's everybody else doing, or are you keeping your heads down?

Comment

I've got 2, perhaps 3 irons in the fire, slowly warming up. Although going by previous events, I'll throw them all away at the very last moment and come up with something totally different!

Nostalgia corner:
                    Writing film noir discussion thread in Screenwriting forum, from 2007.

Comment

I'm seeing entries in my inbox already! Woot!

In a nutshell: Noir theme, 8 pages max., PDF format, to dpaterson57 at gmail.com by Sunday 21st.

Comment

6 pages of vomit draft completed
                        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

-- just respoinding to a timely PM about how it all goes down once the entries are in.

This is mainly for first time entrants:

Once the 21st April, Midnight... that eerie witching hour and dead of night... has been and gone we'll post something up about voting.

It'll probably read something like this...

Pick your 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries and send those votes into either Dpat or myself.

Simple as that.

We'll allow around a week to do this, read and vote that is.... and then chase down any outstanding votes we've not received towards the end of that week, around the 28th April or so, it's fairly easy-on but we do have to wrap it all up at some point.

Then, immeditaely after that, after some recounts, tension building (deliberate or otherwise) the drum is rolled and we'll throw up a chart, once said votes are all counted, accounted for...

-- this will show by a count who placed 1,2,3.. 4th etc.

And then we enter an informal feedback period/session, after finding our winner and posting congratulations and all of that malarky. Fun, wit, banter, and little paragraphs of feedback are all greatly appreciated. However, this year Doreen is unavailable so it's likely there won't be any hot toast-to-go!

Comment

btw, still a week to go, so if anybody else wants to jump in on this, still plenty of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaHuzlPmrko

Comment

I'm a enter this thing and I'm a win it...so don't nobody else need to write nada because it's over...I'm the baddest writer around and everybody knows this...I'm a gifted m'fvcka.

Corona
                              I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
                              I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Working...
                              X