Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Dangerous Dames" Writ. Exer. [votes due Sunday 28th]

An obligatory call for votes bump! Deadline is midnight tomorrow (Sunday). Midnight in whatever time zone you're in. Hoping to post the results early Monday.

The entries are here.

Thanks to those who have already cast their votes.
    Check out the entries in the Logline Throwdown thread in Writing Exercises forum

Comment

Re: "Dangerous Dames" Writ. Exer. [votes due Sunday 28th]

-just sent mine in. Tricky to vote, but decided in the end, couldn't pick the best, because I liked different entries for different reasons, but found a way of picking three in the end, and so that's that.

Hopefully we'll get some feedback and banter after the fact...
      Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Re: Votes due! - "Dangerous Dames" Writ. Exer.

No hassle, just mentioning, I'm still short of votes from 5 contestants, you know who you are, etc.
        Check out the entries in the Logline Throwdown thread in Writing Exercises forum

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
          No hassle, just mentioning, I'm still short of votes from 5 contestants, you know who you are, etc.
          That's not sporting, chaps. Pip pip.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
            That's not sporting, chaps. Pip pip.
            Shrug, people have real lives. I know that's hard to believe but I'm assured it's true.

Soooo a little deadline extension is in play, in the hope more votes come my way soon!

Comment

Come out, come out... wherever you are! Ha ha.

Always get a few people who can't vote, well, not always but people are busy as Derek says, shame after putting the work in to not stay the distance and see the outcome to wrap it all up nicely.

But.. if time is an issue, just PM Dpat and say, struggling on time, sorry mate, and that's fine. Some will enter and some will vote. All's well!

Thanks for the entries.
              Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

I just noticed Joe Ninalt is starting up his Heart Association pledge drive for this year. If it's OK with the guys running this contest I'd like to give the winner a free 10 page read through Joe's very generous set up.

Hey! You might do it in your house, but in this house we don't lick our butts. -- Mother Teresa

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
                  I just noticed Joe Ninalt is starting up his Heart Association pledge drive for this year. If it's OK with the guys running this contest I'd like to give the winner a free 10 page read through Joe's very generous set up.
                  Awesome offer. Very generous.

Comment

Sure Mark, that's no problem by me. I don't know how it works, is that a charitable donation by you [or others] to a heart charity and those who give auto' get a read by Benderspink, or another Prodco? You are effectively passing/giving your "read" oppo to another, the winner of the notorious 8 page compet - Dangerous Dames?

If you want to approach the winner and set something up that seems okay to me, what happened last time, you gave somebody an oppo' before didn't you?

Compet. before last if I recall?

Dpat, okay by you?

Comment

Yay Mark!

Comment

That's 2 Yays!

Some good folk on here.

Comment

I've never really thought about this before, but in addtion to Mark's offer, there's nothing to actually prevent any Manager who is dipping into DDP from spotting a writing sample, who knows, somebody, one day, may receive a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Road Warrior View Post
                            Sure Mark, that's no problem by me. I don't know how it works, is that a charitable donation by you [or others] to a heart charity and those who give auto' get a read by Benderspink, or another Prodco? You are effectively passing/giving your "read" oppo to another, the winner of the notorious 8 page compet - Dangerous Dames?

If you want to approach the winner and set something up that seems okay to me, what happened last time, you gave somebody an oppo' before didn't you?

Compet. before last if I recall?

Dpat, okay by you?
                            Yes, Road, it is a donation by me.

Someone correct me if my information is inaccurate, but as far as I know it's the American Heart Association's fund raiser whereas people like Joe collect pledges for a "Heart Walk". So Joe along with other walkers do get some exersize out of it. Daniel Vang of Benderspink is doing the actual reading.

I contact the winner(s) by DDP's Private Messge system, and it's up to them to contact Joe, so I don't know how things turn out.

I'm also upping the offer to three 10 page reads for the first three places. All out of my pocket. The winners have plenty of time, Joe and Dan are very cool about that, so take your time and only submit your best.

Since last year I have been plotting some kind of contest oriented towards the Benderspink reads.

Good Luck

Mark

Hey! You might do it in your house, but in this house we don't lick our butts. -- Mother Teresa

Comment

That's quite kind, Mark.

Comment

Very nice gesture Mark...

Comment

Working...
                                X