X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halloween Benderspink read contest

I take it this is disinformation?

"Minimum 72 pages; no more than 120 pages; in three acts. Correct screenplay format."

Previous years show shorts. Can someone post some ACTUAL rules?
    Hell of a Deal -- Political Film Blog

Comment

Originally posted by polfilmblog View Post

Yeah and if those rules were to include the words...

(full length feature)

(Horror genre)

(started in the last twelve months)

and maybe

(first draft or later version)

that would be good too
      I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by polfilmblog View Post
        Don't get the upcoming short script contest confused with the full-length and half-length script read prizes offered by our generous sponsor Mr. Mark Somers. Whoever wins 1st prize for their short script will receive the opportunity to submit a full-length screenplay of their choice for professional notes.

Previous DDP Halloween contests were usually maximum 8 pages, Halloween themed content. That's very likely going to be the case again next month.
        Check out the entries in the Logline Throwdown thread in Writing Exercises forum

Comment

Okay, wer're getting awfully close chaps to the most fateful night of the year, but that's absolutely nothing compared to the event that runs up to it, the SHORT WRITING EXERCISE that is this year's HALLOWEEN CONTEST 2013...

We'll post up the competition and rules and answer questions, on the 1st October 2013.

In the meantime Derek and I will undertake some secret talks about what we're going to call this one, and some other stuff, Derek, you know the drill, meet me at the abandoned house, bring some pencils and some strong coffee, and remember, you will need to use the secret handshake at the door.
          Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

The seagull with one wing flies in circles.
            Check out the entries in the Logline Throwdown thread in Writing Exercises forum

Comment

or... put a little more simply, please keep checking in. . .

HALLOWEEN SHORT SCRIPT EXERCISE 2013, IMMINENT...
              Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
                The seagull with one wing flies in circles.
                Oh yes...
                and I replied "Mr Spock's ears are in fact very small indeed!"

You bought some good beer around that year too.

I also liked it the year we used: "when the crow makes flght to the rooky wood"

. . .

But nefarious handshakes, and codes aside, we could do with a few folks displaying our little competition as signatures in each of their Done Deal posts. If you get around various threads on this site, please change your signature accordingly, something like the captions Derek and I have will do...

We've had people say in previous competitions that despite visiting the boards daily, they missed us.

Anyway, should be a good year if the last one is anything to go by...

Comment

...as ever, any queries, PM me kind folks!

(or Dpat...)

Comment

I've CLOSED this thread so that we may all decamp to the official BACK FROM THE DEAD Halloween Writing Exercise thread which is now up and running...

See you all over there...

Comment

Working...
                    X