Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited -- Again)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited -- Again)

Good night everyone! 41 pages, never wrote a feature so fast.

Comment

I'm at 47 pages, although I've slowed down a bit.

So, I can't remember but are we supposed to hit "100 pages" like the original ScriptFever or are we aiming at just a finished spec, because my first drafts are usually around 90.

If I get away with that, I'm half way!

Karen

Comment

Try for 90 pages. But I'm not a stickler about that. Just get the spec to the point where you think that it is "done". You will rewrite for yourself anyway, so no hard page count is required or necessary.

I'm at 35 pages. I also slowed a bit. Other things have come up, good things, but distractions. It's only the 13th. So I'm on schedule.
        Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Hey Carlos,

I "liked" your facebook page for the movie.

I actually liked it as well.

Good work, and good luck

Karen

Comment

Originally posted by KarenShoe View Post
            Hey Carlos,

I "liked" your facebook page for the movie.

I actually liked it as well.

Good work, and good luck

Karen

Thanks Karen.
            Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm still doing this even though I only have 5 pages so far. Always late to everything.

I can't wrangle an outline for the life of me, but I really want to learn to use an outline, so resisting the strong impulse to just forget the outline for a bit longer.

Best wishes to all.

Comment

Hit page 72 in the wee hours of the morning. Realized that, in my exhaustion and excitement, I literally left out a scene! That's never happened to me before. Whoops!

Comment

Originally posted by lacomedienne View Post
                  Hit page 72 in the wee hours of the morning. Realized that, in my exhaustion and excitement, I literally left out a scene! That's never happened to me before. Whoops!
                  Awesome. Congrats...

Comment

Originally posted by lacomedienne View Post
                    WOW!!! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by -jam- View Post
                      Hi guys, I'm still doing this even though I only have 5 pages so far. Always late to everything.

I can't wrangle an outline for the life of me, but I really want to learn to use an outline, so resisting the strong impulse to just forget the outline for a bit longer.

Best wishes to all.
                      No pressure, dude. Do your best and just keep on writing.

Comment

I crossed 50 pages...

Comment

Good work everyone (especially lacomedienne).

Even if you've only completed five pages, or if you've skipped a scene in the middle, we've all got more progress on a spec than we had mid-July, right?

I'm at 53 pages, and I haven't written yet today. I have quite a bit of placeholder dialogue in here. That's what rewrites are for, right?

Karen

Comment

Congrats everyone who passed 50th page! I'm on 47th.

Comment

we've all got more progress on a spec than we had mid-July, right?

Karen
                              Yes it's true

Comment

Good work everyone (especially lacomedienne).

Even if you've only completed five pages, or if you've skipped a scene in the middle, we've all got more progress on a spec than we had mid-July, right?

I'm at 53 pages, and I haven't written yet today. I have quite a bit of placeholder dialogue in here. That's what rewrites are for, right?

Karen
                                Thanks!

I am seriously just writing what seems right based on my outline and my character backstories. I remember reading an article a few years back that basically suggested that writers just get the first draft done and then focus on refining everything. I try to follow that rule, if only because it maintains my sanity and keeps me focused on the forward progression of the story, not the perfection of each isolated scene.

Besides, I'm kind of an editing nerd.

Comment

Working...
                                X