Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'I Could Do Better Than That!' fun challenge

Ever thought a movie was too long, too contrived, too dumb or too non-entertaining, and that you could do better? (Evidently some of us do -- just look at some of the threads in the Films forum!)

Here's your chance to prove it! Rewrite the movie you didn't like or think you could improve upon to show us your version -- but do it in only 5 pages!

Important: change the main character names (just for example's sake, "Frodo" to "Fredo" or whatever) to protect the innocent and avoid infringements as much as possible. When posting your 5-page epic, include something to hint at the original film title in the subject line.

Note that the above has Will's tentative approval on the understanding that if things get out of hand and/or if anyone objects, messages will be deleted! So anything you want to keep, save it offline just in case.

-Derek
    -----------------------
    My Web Page - naked women, bestial sex, and whopping big lies.

dang, I'm still looking for the naked women and bestial sex!

It's all a big whopping lie.

Comment

I did something similar to this in a past life. I present an example of how to write a full movie in five pages here:

www.randomsynapses.com/starwars.htm

Comment

Response was always going to be total flop or total enthusiasm. What hurts most <sniff> is the conspicuous absence of my invisible friends to whom I say, rearrange these 2 words into the correct order: yours up!

The Roddy McDowell of the 80s, heh. Oh Christ I chuckled at one of your jokes! STREET CRED takes d20 damage.

-Derek
        -----------------------
        My Web Page - naked women, bestial sex, and whopping big lies.

Comment

:lol

Comment

Dude Where's My Car

FADE IN:

THE END

FADE OUT:

Comment

Dude Where's My Car

FADE IN:

THE END

FADE OUT:
              If I were a producer, I'd option that script immediately.

Comment

Re: The 'I Could Do Better Than That!' fun challenge

Derek. I think your challenge is great.
                It's just difficult to spoof or improve a comedy.
                Even a bad one

The dude where's my car post was funny.
                Consider it a great entry.LOL.

anyway...Derek
                All D20 Street Cred damage removed. Your character gains a level,
                and receives the "magic scroll of the great screenplay"

best to ya,

Joe.

Comment

Larry Kotter &amp; the Disappearing Backstory

Larry: Professor Wolfie! Don't go! Who'll howl me to sleep if you leave?

Wolfie: Here. Have a chocolate.

Larry: Okay, I'm totally over losing every parent figure I've ever met now. Say... wait a minute! How did you know that was a map?

Wolfie: Are you kidding? We made it! Your dad and I, and Blackheart, and Stuart Little. Those were our nicknames!

Larry: Is that why I saw a giant stag in the woods? "Prongs?"

Wolfie: Yup! And thank you for asking! A million drag-alongs in the audience appreciate it! While I'm at it, Blackheart tried to murder Professor Gruber years ago using my, er... differentially-abled condition as the weapon. *That's* why he hates us. Oh, and also why everybody and their brother knows how to get past the PMS tree.

Larry: That was his prank? Attempted murder by Giant-CGI-Thing-That-Doesn't-Resemble-a-Werewolf?

Wolfie: Yeah, Blackie always had what you'd call an interesting sense of humour. We did our best to cure him of it, tried all the best chocolates... That was also when your father saved his life, as mentioned in Larry Kotter & The Case of the Actors Who Can't Finish A Line In Less Than Two Full Minutes.

Larry: Good God! It's all starting to make sense now!

Wolfie: Really?

He nervously looks around to see if the producers have seen this.

Wolfie: Uh, here. Have a chocolate.

FADE OUT.
                  "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Working...
                  X