Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somesmurf smurfed a Smurf!

here's the deal: War Smurf, the best smurf at the arts of war, has been murdered. An axe to the chest. He was found all alone in his mushroom house.

Who did it and why? no how, just who and why.

Theory 1: Papa smurf. Papa maintains control of the smurf population through fear of Gargamel. As long as Gargamel is around, Papa Smurf can direct the other smurfs to hide, what to build, etc. Remove Gargamel and you remove Papa's power base. War Smurf, being naturally talented at all things involving war, would have come up with a sure fire plan to get rid of Gargamel. Papa can't have that. So, he kills War Smurf and destroys any plans to capture/kill/remove Gargamel. Control is maintained.
    considere that there are no other smurfs of the same age as Papa Smurf. None of the other smurfs mention other older smurfs. One old smurf, many young smurfs. hmmmm.

Theory 2: Brainy Smurf. Given the constant conflict with Gargamel, War Smurf would have been the natural choice for second in command. So, War Smurf would have the ear of Papa smurf. Brainy Smurf has always wanted to be the top dog or smurf rather. Since War smurf is the best at war, he can't out fight him. Gargamel is too big and physically strong for one smurf to take down, so Brainy is left with one option. Kill War Smurf. With War Smurf out of the way, there is only one smurf between him and wearing the red hat.

What's your theory on the smurf of War smurf?

War Smurf was my first real lesson in behavioral cause and effect. During the summer immediatly following my parenst divorce I created War smurf from a clay smurf kit my sister owned. I noticed the kit came with an axe and a sword. So I used the smurf mold. Put the axe in his chest and the sword in his hand. I thought it an excellent example of Live by the Smurf, Die by the Smurf.

A week later I was in therapy. I figured that out real quick.

Sounds to me like war smurf wasn't really the best smurf at the art of war.

Comment

Ah, memories. From the Bruce Smurf classic, ENTER THE SMURF: "A piece of smurf, can't smurf back." And then there was BULLET PROOF SMURF who found out the hard way that it was just a cool name...

Comment

Working...
      X