No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Dog days of Summer" contest

Originally posted by jonpiper View Post
    Thanks, Centos. I misunderstood you. I never heard of Trebly before this.
    I'm sorry. I should have given a link ...

http://www.trelby.org/

The software is getting kind of "long in the tooth" now, but still works well for Linux and Windows. You don't have all the features you'll find in Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter or Fade In Pro, but it's still useful, especially for someone like me where writing screenplays is a hobby.
    STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
      Mark -- I smell an eight-way tie for first coming.

Do you think Will will give you a discount on memberships?

The swim suit competition usually breaks any ties.
      TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

why did you have to bring something like that up.

summer 2004. hitchhiking from the east coast to la to attend the DD get-together at some deli, or maybe it was in the summer of 2009, and besides an issue i won't go into at a truck stop and then another one at all all night fried chicken place, where both i literally had to run for my life, i made it to la with my scripts, a little worn but they properly had two brads each in them and not a 'we see' to see on a single page, but i did get there late, and if you walked into that deli sober and late, like i did, the sight of dd screenwriters down to their underwear dancing on the bar is something you will never forget.

trust me. never. and i'll just have to leave it at that.

Comment

I had to bring it up at sometime or lose my standing in the 'Contests about writing stuff mostly screenplays but not necessarily' board of overseeing writing stuff per regulation 7439-564-234-6739-564. Concerning swim suit competitions and or mud wrestling competitions as described in the official writing contest book 353.452 later edition ( not the earlier edition ) 2007-2008 ( Except for leap years ).
          TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by Centos View Post
            EDIT: Found out I can do this in Linux using the simple command ... pdftotext ... as in ...

pdftotext -layout -nopgbrk NameOfFile.pdf NameOfFile.txt

The only thing left to clear out are the page numbers. The "layout" and "nopgbrk" options preserve the original layout and remove page breaks (used when printing text to a printer).
            Cool beans!

omg voting deadline day already!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
              I had to bring it up at sometime or lose my standing in the 'Contests about writing stuff mostly screenplays but not necessarily' board of overseeing writing stuff per regulation 7439-564-234-6739-564. Concerning swim suit competitions and or mud wrestling competitions as described in the official writing contest book 353.452 later edition ( not the earlier edition ) 2007-2008 ( Except for leap years ).
              Obviously you missed the reference to the years when a Great Solar Eclipse crosses the land of the Bald Eagle and darkens the sky of the Casper of the Mountains? Had you not missed that glaringly blunt occurrence you would have read the Sacred Text with the Silver Monocle and not the Brass Bifocals. (Good Groping Groundhogs, you didn't read it with the Plastic X-Ray Specs, did you?) Let's hope not. As you should know -- different eye aids result in different readings. I can see that under normal circumstances, perhaps the lesser learned (or the more incapable) might confuse the Silver Monocle, which deals with End-O-Times Prophesies and Writing Stuff, with the Brass Bifocals that deals with Mindless Minutiae and Writing Stuff. But NOT after an occurrence of a Great Solar Eclipse! A blind man, dead, sealed in concrete and dropped to the bottom of the darkest ocean floor could see THAT! Sorry to be so brusque with you, but, the record really needs to be set straight when someone makes ludicrous claims that can only bring shame and scorn and besmirch the reputation of the august pages of these esteemed Writer's Exercises Threads. I'm supremely confident that upon reading these passages with the Silver Monocle (and NOT the Brass Bifocals) you'll accept your errors with true humility and thank me for setting you on the True Path. (After which, pandering and groveling, while not absolutely necessary is never-the-less, certainly appreciated.)
              "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

To Mark Somers

And one more thing.

Thanks for all the work you put into this.
                "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

swim suits and screenwriters.

good god. sounds like the title to a horror movie or a bad country song.

but it's better than the title to a song i was trying to write one time after my 3rd or 4th wife threw me out, i'm not sure which one she was anymore, get them mixed up, etc, but when i asked what i could do to make her happy, just as she was calling her lawyer and the police, she said, 'get your guns and guitars and get out!!!' (i'm not a fan of using exclamation points, especially three of them, but they are true in this instance)

now there is a good title to a country song: Get Your Guns and Guitars and Get Out. to get the full meaning of what she said, you'd have to know i come from a long line of hillbillies, mountain men and moonshiners, i have a couple of old Gibson guitars and pick a bit now and then, etc. i even have a great great great uncle who got hanged for stealing a horse, but some say it was a pig. family, the real old folks, claim he never stole the horse at all, it just ended up under him and running somehow into the next county and he was trying to hang on so as not to break his neck. irony is, his neck broke about a month later at his hanging with everyone in town over the age of 12 watching.

anyway, i guess my 3rd or 4th former wife got tired of seeing me pecking at the keyboard so much, or especially seeing me in a swimsuit, maybe, when we'd go down to the river. can't blame her there. full-length mirrors and me in a swimsuit do not get along.

looking forward and also dreading the results to this contest. but if there is a tie and by some freak luck i am in that tie for first place, i ain't entering no swim suit contest. can tell you that.

thanks. been a lot of fun! hope i haven't carried on too much. good luck, everybody!
                  Last edited by AnconRanger; 09-14-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnconRanger View Post
                    looking forward and also dreading the results to this contest. but if there is a tie and by some freak luck i am in that tie for first place, i ain't entering no swim suit contest. can tell you that.
                    If I don't win last place I'm going to demand a recount.
                    STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Working...
                    X