No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new contest (kind of!)

Hi to all,
    Another idea crossed my mind: I have various projects in different stages of development (wow, that sounds serious!), but it's hard to see the potential (or lack of it) because... well, they are all my kids. Would you be interested in submitting max. 5 short descriptions of your projects and let the others be judge of their originality and over-all potential? I know I will.

Re: A new contest (kind of!)

I, personally, don't have any ongoing projects. Writing short scripts is about all I do. There are other forums (Loglines and Query Letters, Script Pages Feedback and Story Development) that might work out better for this. I sometimes post something in the Script Pages Feedback forum but hardly ever go to the other two (since I don't write loglines and am not developing any projects).

EDIT: That said, I don't think anyone would mind you posting you development ideas here. I would be glad to comment on them, but my opinions are pretty near zero in the "worth scale."
    Last edited by Centos; 04-28-2018, 01:21 PM.
    STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

At the risk of starting the whole "It makes no sense for anyone to steal your idea" bent to this thread I wouldn't post ideas. It may take me a year to get around the the fifth final by which time someone "might" have snaffled it and run with the idea.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to pitch a few ideas and get feedback but in my heart of hearts I'm not that much of a trusting person.

So what about a new kind of contest... the contest is a producer whose got his hands on -something- (song, poem, meme, whatever)and the contestants are prospective writers who have to put out a one - two page treatment.

Take something like Thin Lizzy's whiskey in the Jar and create me a movie from it. Ten contestants, I'd promise you ten different takes - whose would be best?
      I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
        Take something like Thin Lizzy's whiskey in the Jar and create me a movie from it. Ten contestants, I'd promise you ten different takes - whose would be best?
        I'd first produce my pistol, and then produce my rapier, and take all of your moneeeyyyy. I hear that song (Thin Lizzie original or Metallica cover) on my smartphone radio app nearly every night. Fun idea.

DDP Logline Throwdown IV - Mix & Match contest - deadline Sept 21

Comment

Exactly. A lot of imagery in that song that everyone would envision differently. maybe better pick one of those songs with commonly misheard lyrics.

My personal favourite Nights in white satin... when I first heard it (to my pre adolescent mind) it was Knights in white satin - that puts a whole different slant on the song
          I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
            My personal favourite Nights in white satin... when I first heard it (to my pre adolescent mind) it was Knights in white satin - that puts a whole different slant on the song
            That is exactly how I imagined it also, knights, never reaching the end... of their quest!

DDP Logline Throwdown IV - Mix & Match contest - deadline Sept 21

Comment

One of my many unfinished feature scripts started as one I entered here just recently. "North Pole" with Tesla and Commander Claus. Two scripts that inspired me were Gary Whitta's "Secret Weapons" and Dave Callaham's "America the Motion Picture".

We'll see what happens.

Hey! You might do it in your house, but in this house we don't lick our butts. -- Mother Teresa

Comment

Working...
              X