Halloween contest - GHOST TOWN

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Halloween contest - GHOST TOWN

    Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
    Hello and welcome. These "contests" help everyone who participates (writers and readers) improve their craft. Spread the word, this place needs an infusion of fresh "blood."
    Speaking of "blood"...

    Halloween contest prompt? This place has become a GHOST TOWN.

    I'm figuring a literal or figurative take would work.

    Mod edit: for posterity, the entries thread is here and the results thread is here.
    Last edited by dpaterso; 11-01-2018, 12:33 AM. Reason: other thread links added

  • #2
    Re: Summer Camp - New Deadline Saturday July 21

    Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
    Speaking of "blood"...

    Halloween contest prompt? This place has become a GHOST TOWN.

    I'm figuring a literal or figurative take would work.


    Sounds good.


    Hey! You might do it in your house, but in this house we don't lick our butts. -- Mother Teresa

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Summer Camp contest - discussion thread

      Heeeey here we are in September already. Next thing you know, the damn leaves will be turning brown and falling to the ground, like the quitters they are.

      The weeks are going to fly by and before you know it, we'll be trick or treating.

      Halloween falls on a Tuesday. I wonder if it might be better to aim for submitting entries a week earlier, say the 23rd, so reading and voting can happen and the results can get announced on Halloween, rather than after the event.

      DISCUSS.

      DDP Logline Throwdown IV - Mix & Match contest - deadline Sept 21

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Summer Camp contest - discussion thread

        Here in the colonies Halloween falls on a Wednesday


        But yea still plenty of time.


        Hey! You might do it in your house, but in this house we don't lick our butts. -- Mother Teresa

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Summer Camp contest - discussion thread

          Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
          Here in the colonies Halloween falls on a Wednesday


          But yea still plenty of time.
          So it does, what the hell calendar was I looking at?! Looks like I picked a bad day to give up glue sniffing.

          DDP Logline Throwdown IV - Mix & Match contest - deadline Sept 21

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Summer Camp contest - discussion thread

            Halloween falls on a Wednesday

            How's that for a movie title? (or a contest title?)
            I heard the starting gun


            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Summer Camp contest - discussion thread

              It works for me on Tuesday or Wednesday.
              "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Summer Camp contest - discussion thread

                WELL?!

                (A deep subject, I know.)
                "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Summer Camp contest - discussion thread

                  I'm hard at work on the Ghost Town thing.


                  It'll be soooo scary you guys 'll shit your pants. I already did three times today alone.


                  Hey! You might do it in your house, but in this house we don't lick our butts. -- Mother Teresa

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Summer Camp contest - discussion thread

                    Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
                    I'm hard at work on the Ghost Town thing.


                    It'll be soooo scary you guys 'll shit your pants. I already did three times today alone.
                    I trust my sphincter. I'm in for the contest.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Halloween contest - GHOST TOWN

                      I'd like to try to put something together in time. What are the parameters? Page count and such...
                      FADE IN:
                      PERSEVERANCE OVERCOMES ADVERSITY
                      NEVER FADE OUT.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Halloween contest - GHOST TOWN

                        Usually 8 pages max.

                        DDP Logline Throwdown IV - Mix & Match contest - deadline Sept 21

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Halloween contest - GHOST TOWN

                          I'm in. A little inspiration: Ghost Bikes

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Halloween contest - GHOST TOWN

                            Originally posted by Jai Brandon View Post
                            I'd like to try to put something together in time. What are the parameters? Page count and such...
                            8 pages max, as Derek as posted but I think he wants the contest to wrap up on October 31. Since we usually allow a week for voting, I'm guessing, and planning as far as my own entry goes, to use one week before the 31st as the deadline. So the 24th of October will be the deadline. Sooooooooo to make a long story longer just about now Derek should be posting the official Halloween contest announcement thread since the contest is usually announced about 4 weeks before entry deadline.


                            I think I got all that stuff right.


                            Hey! You might do it in your house, but in this house we don't lick our butts. -- Mother Teresa

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Halloween contest - GHOST TOWN

                              I didn't want to presume anything, lol. Didn't know if bioprofessor or you wanted to do the admin. The dates sound right.

                              Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
                              8 pages max, as Derek as posted but I think he wants the contest to wrap up on October 31. Since we usually allow a week for voting, I'm guessing, and planning as far as my own entry goes, to use one week before the 31st as the deadline. So the 24th of October will be the deadline. Sooooooooo to make a long story longer just about now Derek should be posting the official Halloween contest announcement thread since the contest is usually announced about 4 weeks before entry deadline.

                              DDP Logline Throwdown IV - Mix & Match contest - deadline Sept 21

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X