3 spec pilots complete. Write a 4th? or draft episodes/treatments of what I have?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 spec pilots complete. Write a 4th? or draft episodes/treatments of what I have?

In terms of getting staffed. Should I next create another new spec pilot (I have 3 final original spec pilots already)? Or should I write an episode 2 of one of my current specs? Or should I flesh out a season treatment on the ones I already have?

Ultimate goal is to get agent and staffed. Thanks all!

Second episodes won’t help. I’ve hired a lot of writers and I’ve never wanted a second episode or treatment. I’d keep working on pilots until you find one that connects with people.

Comment

Thanks Jeff, does it make sense to flesh out any treatments or episode lists for the seasons? I was told once that showrunners, agents, etc like to see not only the pilot script but some form of season synopsis so you can prove you know how to plot an entire season. I would rather draft another pilot but dont want the specs I have to be considered "incomplete" because I didn't add anymore information for the series. Thanks again!

Comment

For staffing you just need an original pilot, nothing more. To sell that pilot, you'll need a bible.

Comment

Agree with Northbank. You say your goal is to get an agent and get staffed. You don't need a bible.

Comment

Working...
          X