No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have studio backing for network pitch, but could use a little advice

Hi there

I just found this board while beginning my resource research for pitching a half hour, animated 3-D adult market cartoon, and would like to start by asking someone's advice on the following...

While I have monetary backing from a high end studio, and a preliminary contract with them to move forward to the various next steps ( building the characters, completing the visual splash art, and animating a full 5 minute demo, have a tentative Director slated, etc, I am, as the creator of the property, trying to maintain as much control and knowledge as possible going in. That having been said, Iam in the final stages of my synopsis/pitch doc, and would like to know of the most recommended example/ instructive sites, books and or forums for more info on the polished result. In other words, while I, as an industry Artsist of 17 years myself, am moderately adept at most of the process, I am having to rely on third parties and their schedules to get the final polished draft complete, and would like to sort of wrangle away that option for myself. But, I don't want to look like a novice. The synopsis is strong, but needs to be perfect. Any advice would be much appreciated...

Re: Have studio backing for network pitch, but could use a little advice

You'll be asked "what is the tone of the show (what other show is it like)?" and "What stories are you going to tell?" Hopefully that will come across in the most economical way in your pitch. They'll want to know the main characters and their world and why it is so special. Who is the audience? Where would this fit on the schedule? Stuff like that.... good luck

Comment

Hi Odriftwood,

Thanks so much for your advice. I should be a little more clear, though. I already have written the pitch/synopsis, etc. in terms of the first and second drafts with an understanding of the topics you borached . What I am looking for if possible is some final polish guidance or examples to complete the roughly 90% of the fine tuning that needs to be done, rather than leave that to a third party.

Any advice?

Comment

scuse the typo above

Comment

What I am looking for if possible is some final polish guidance or examples to complete the roughly 90% of the fine tuning that needs to be done, rather than leave that to a third party.
          It's hard to comment on what you're looking for in terms of a polish without seeing the proposal itself. Are you pitching a half hour animated? For what audience? Disney Channel or Adult swim? Are you going in with just the written pitch or renderings? And does the polish mean just punching up? Short answer for that is to make it "short." I recently read a pitch for a series that was 14 pages.... way too much information. 2-3 pages should cover it.

Comment

Working...
          X