Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-hour spec pilot?

I'm writing a spec pilot, not as a sample piece, but as a story I'd like to sell and see made. It's in the fantasy/action/adventure genre and needs a lot of setting up of the world, the history and the characters. Fitting everything in 60 pages means glossing over important stuff and cutting a lot of fun action. How problematic is it, industry-perception-wise, to write a two-hour spec pilot?

Re: 2-hour spec pilot?

Originally posted by jpm5243 View Post
    I’m writing a spec pilot, not as a sample piece, but as a story I’d like to sell and see made. It’s in the fantasy/action/adventure genre and needs a lot of setting up of the world, the history and the characters. Fitting everything in 60 pages means glossing over important stuff and cutting a lot of fun action. How problematic is it, industry-perception-wise, to write a two-hour spec pilot?
    not just because pilots are 60 minutes but also because i'm willing to bet you don't need as much world-building as you think.

if Game of Thrones can bring us into a world of that size in an hour, anyone can

Comment

Joe's probably right. But on the other hand, they say that the feature film Gosford Park was kind of an indirect/backdoor pilot for Downton Abbey.

Comment

And Battlestar Galactica had a 3 hours pilot, if I remember well.
        Check out my website with my productions: http://www.picturesplusproductions.com

Comment

Working...
        X