Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality TV show treatment sample?

A friend of mine is looking for a sample treatment for a reality show. I've done feature and TV treatments, but I'm curious if there are some rules or special requirements for a reality show treatment...

Anyone have anything? Or know where to look?

Re: Reality TV show treatment sample?

Try the tvwritersvault.com.

Comment

Re: Reality TV show treatment sample?

I'm not sure where this belongs in the treatment/script spectrum, but here is one of the script/treatment/plans/whatever for an episode of 'Queer Eye':

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/800207/Scrip...V_QueerEye.pdf

(Note - this was published freely some time ago - it certainly isn't secret)

It was prepared after the research phase, so they have all the talking points (in simple bulletpoints) and finds planned in advance (so that they know to be horrified at the basement, for example) . It is planned quite impressively - not much is left to chance.

eg:
      Patrick will start up the grill, plank and cook the fish and veggies.
      They give him parting warm words of encouragement.
      Patrick gives a heart warming thanks to them all, he really believes they have provided him what he needs to move on, he toasts "to what the future may bring."
      I'm sure purists are probably horrified at how much work is put in advance for a smooth running operation like this - but I'm impressed.

I also have some talks given by reality show producers - here's one by someone who did a kid's version of 'Survivor': http://dl.dropbox.com/u/800207/TempL...at_2D.kids.mp3

In that example - they actually filmed season 1 & Season 2 simultaneously with different groups of kids to save setup costs. The level of organisation and planning in these kinds of projects is awe-inspiring.

Mac
      (** Edit to add: Huh? I just replied to a post from 2004? Is it my imagination - or is NatashaFX possibly a spammer who did a search for all references to reality shows and just put in a plug for that product - without revealing her connection. [Which is actually illegal in the USA - not that spammers care]

Damn. Ah well - can we keep the thread anyway .. the links I gave are pretty educational. Unlike that other product)
      Last edited by Mac H.; 09-15-2011, 04:14 PM.
      New blogposts:
      *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
      *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
      *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
      *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

Working...
      X