Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you need Television scripts?

So I'm about to start writing a spec for "The West Wing" and in doing my research on the show I was trying to get a hold of an actual script from the show to check formatting, character and location names, etc.. It took me a week and a lot of driving to finally get a hold of a copy, but it was well worth my efforts.

"The West Wing" is no joke! Their scripts have no action-- or barely any action. It's all dialogue. And when I say all dialogue, I mean all dialogue! I have "Frasier" scripts with more action than TWW... and compare that to action heavy "Law & Order" and you'll see how valuable it is to have an actual script from the show.

So here's what I'm thinking... There needs to be a site where you can view actual pages from TV scripts. What do you think? Would you find it helpful if you could download or view a few pages from a show you want to spec?

If so I can create some PDF files of some scripts that I have. Maybe the first few pages/cold open/teaser with a character list and location list.

Anybody interested?

Here is a list of potential shows:

THE WEST WING
    LAW & ORDER
    JAG
    FRASIER
    JUST SHOOT ME
    SCRUBS
    JEREMIAH (Pilot Ep)
    NYPD BLUE

Peace,
    UI

www.urbaninsider.com

You know, I've always wondered that about TWW!

I'm thinking your idea is a pretty darn good one. Although you'd still want to track down an entire script, if not several, it'd certainly be useful in the early stages, maybe even when you're picking a show to write a spec for. (For instance, I suspect I won't be writing a West Wing now that you've confirmed my fears. Heh.)

KD

Comment

Online searches at Google.com can throw up some stuff, but most is transcripts of stuff, and thus no good (unless you're a dialogue junky). But WGA have some sample pages attached to the interviews with their writers. Maybe worth a look.

Maybe Larry over at TVwriter.com should have some of those PDF pages up on his site? Bonita?

EJ

Comment

Working...
      X