X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor has it that...

ALLY MCBEAL has been cancelled.

Good.

Um. I mean. I just. I really don't like that show. No offense to anyone who may bed down for the night in an Ally-themed boudoir or whatever.

Comment

Re: Rumor

Must have signed a DNR.

Comment

Re: Rumor

Last Updated: Wednesday, 17-Apr-02 23:47:10

Plug pulled on 'Ally McBeal'
        After five years of ups and downs, one of television's most written-about series, "Ally McBeal", is about to become history.

The show's star, Calista Flockhart, and the rest of the cast and crew were given the news late Wednesday afternoon that the show's mastermind, David E. Kelley, has decided to pull the plug on the comedy-drama, Variety reports.

Following a burst of creative and commercial success last season from the addition of troubled actor Robert Downey, Jr., the show sunk back in the ratings this year, despite the presence of rocker/actor Jon Bon Jovi.

Kelley is now expected to focus his attention on his upcoming new series for FOX-TV, "The Girls Club", Variety reports.

There's no word yet on how "Ally McBeal" will wrap up. (More on: Ally McBeal).

Case closed for 'Ally McBeal'

Comment

The first two years were fine. Time for something new.

Comment

Has David E. Kelly ever done a show that was still good after two years? That seems to be the limit.

Comment

I still like the Practice. However, given the choice between watching The Practice or Six Feet Under, I chose Six Feet.

Bonita

Comment

Some people were so shocked when the news was announced on set, that some started to cry.

That was Kelly's fault. Never mind though, he's off on a new project. And it's a TV one.

EJ

Comment

I think Ally was great through the Robert Downey Jr episodes... but this season it is awful! There was some truly great television (and some not so great) but overall, the first few seasons were excellent. Ling was an exceptional character!

I just couldn't get past the new Pippi Longstocking girl and TwinOne Laywer and OtherLawyer.

I still think DEK is a pretty talented guy, I think my alltime favorite DEK writing/television was the episode of Chicago Hope (when he came back to write to try to save it) when Mandy Patikin (sp?) came back and fired everyone... and those two young doctors joined and the one slapped him...

Ok.. Ok... I am done.

Comment

I love Kelley's shows. Picket Fences, Chicago Hope, Boston Public. Ally McBeal was a great show but it has gone down hill. Last week, I told a friend that I was going to watch the show and if it wasn't great, I wouldn't watch it again. Well, I turned it off after 20 minutes.

The shows all get silly after a while. On the Practice, Bobby became this whiny little toad last season. I know Boston Public is probably gonna suck next season.

Well, it was a good run while it lasted.

Comment

"I am the Crab Queen."

They have medicine for that.

Comment

CE
                        :rollin

so good to see you make a jokey-joke!

Comment

Personally, I watched it in the beginning and enjoyed it.

After a while, it seemed like Calista Flockhart kept getting skinnier and skinnier. I eventually stopped watching because the sight of her bones sticking out was too distracting. All I could think was, why don't they make her eat something.

Comment

Did anyone watch last night? I give it a C- since it was easy to channl surf.

Comment

Working...
                            X