Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feelings on scriptwritersnetwork?

Heard they are the best in town -- writer's group-wise. Whaddayathink?

Whoever runs their sitcom sub-group is great!

Bonita

Comment

Is it you, Basic?
      ; )

Comment

Basically!

Bonita

Comment

Funny.

Comment

Scriptwriters Network...well there are worse ways to spend $75. And lots of the people involved are incredibly nice.

Of course the majority of the membership are writers trying to break in so there can be a certain stink of desperation in the air at times. A gathering of the great unwashed. A friend once likened them to the "AA for screenwriters". It can have that feel to it.

Once you join, another $20 gets your script into the Producer Outreach Program or the Carl Sautter Contest. In both cases, you get back written coverage of your script from 3-4 other members. A pretty good deal. But the quality of the readers is a lottery. Again, for the most part these are non-working writers and some of them are non-working for good reason, knowing little more than what they've read in their copy of Syd Field's book.

Comment

But whoever runs their sitcom sub-group is great!

Bonita

Comment

I hear whoever runs their sitcom subgroup is great. Incredible. But just outta curiosity, what other writing groups are out there? And how do you hear about them?

Comment

I've been in several writing groups. One my first was formed from fellow classmates at UCLA.

If you take a class, and notice others in the class seem to have something on the ball, try to form a group with them.

I also belonged to a writing group that met online, but alas, it disbanded.

Bonita

Comment

Well, I've been associated with them and I know a few members. I think it's a great support group and very good for exchanging information, strategy and script input.

steve

Oh, and whoever handles the sit-com subgroup... well, what can I say?

Comment

Working...
                    X