Should I get a referral from a producer?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get a referral from a producer?

Should I get a referral from a producer? Or should I just look for an agent myself? I am not sure the producer I am negotiating with wants to recommend me an agent or manager. He only said something about me getting a lawyer. Is it considered bad manners to start looking one for myself?

No, it's not bad manners. But if you have a producer or anyone that will refer you to an agent-- go for it. That's the only way agents consider new clients. Managers are similar, though they also respond to queries where agents do not.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Ok. I think I will feel safer if he referred me to someone. On the other hand, I can see that he is reluctant to do so.

So, I could just start emailing managers and tell them about my case in hope that someone gets interested? Or perhaps asking for an agent referral is enough?

Comment

Working...
      X