Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Otuken View Post
    I just can't concentrate well to write new stories without concluding the fate of Game Theory.
    You must discipline yourself to write, grasshopper.

Write your stories to your satisfaction, not the satisfaction of the market. It will lend them an honest truth on the page that comes from within you.

With regard to having only one script in hand when managers or producers inevitably ask you what else you have written:

If you needed life-saving surgery, would you want your surgeon to have in his résumé only one surgery?
    Last edited by Clint Hill; 09-13-2021, 10:19 AM.
    "Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down.- - Ray Bradbury

Comment

Otuken, the best advice I ever got when I was breaking in is this: writers write. If your concept isn't sparking interest, start a new script, understanding that maybe you should take more time in the concept stage before you write a script. You need something interesting enough that someone will agree to read it based on a few sentences.

Comment

A few of them state that they don't accept unsolicited materials, so probably there is nothing I can do for them. I don't know why doesn't the others reply. Possible reasons;

1) They don't accept unsolicited materials too and don't even reply.
        2) They didn't even read because of already getting so many queries.
        3) They don't work for this particular genre.
        4) They didn't like my logline.

Comment

It’s probably a mix of all of those. It’s not impossible. Keep querying, keep writing. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Otuken View Post
            A few of them state that they don't accept unsolicited materials, so probably there is nothing I can do for them. I don't know why doesn't the others reply. Possible reasons;

1) They don't accept unsolicited materials too and don't even reply.
            2) They didn't even read because of already getting so many queries.
            3) They don't work for this particular genre.
            4) They didn't like my logline.
            Welcome to screenwriting, Otuken. The first two items you listed are beyond your control as a writer.

As for item number 3, it is up to you to do your research and target those who do work in the genre of your script(s). Even then, there is a good chance a great script might be ignored.

“8 Hit Movies That Were Originally Rejected By Studios”

Item number 4 is a matter of first choosing a great story, then writing and rewriting the logline until it leaps off the page and its script cannot be denied a read.

Otuken, the only thing you can do with rejection—presuming you continue to have the desire within you to become a writer or screenwriter—is to continue to write.
            "Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down.- - Ray Bradbury

Comment

Working...
            X