This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LA Managers: Monster List of Lit.

If you want the list from last year you have to PM me with your email address. Sorry for any inconvienence this may seem to cause. Thank you.
    "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

A big thanks to Kermet! Much appreciated.
      Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!

Comment

Would there be any way to get the list in a PDF or something? I don't have Excel on my MacBook.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
          Would there be any way to get the list in a PDF or something? I don't have Excel on my MacBook.
          I'm not familiar but the spread sheet might work as a google document? No doubt someone around here knows for sure? The benefits of working off excel are kinda awesome for this sort of thing. Hopefully it can be worked out.

We'll wait to hear from the experts?
          Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!

Comment

If someone sends me the list location, I'll upload it online this weekend. All fancy and ****.
            2011 Screenwriting Goal: 15 pages a day.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
              Windows Live has a free Excel program.

You should be able to upload the file and open it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucha Scribre View Post
                If someone sends me the list location, I'll upload it online this weekend. All fancy and ****.
                Hey, quick thought on that - if you want to turn it pdf, that's fine, but keep in mind that some of those people may not want their contact info getting out to the world at large. Grant it, I know most of that info can be found, but let's not add to the spam these folks already have to sort through. I'm just saying, caution.
                "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

Originally posted by Lucha Scribre View Post
                  Hold on, DO NOT DO THIS! Do not upload a private list of people's email addresses online, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Passing it around is another thing, but you shouldn't put something like that publicly online.

I guarantee you that all of those addresses will be first exploited, and then changed. That's a total assault on these people's privacy and may have legal ramifications.

EDIT: I hope the people distributing this new list will remember that the older one was only given to people who had been on this board for at 6 months to a year and have a few hundred posts. There is a fine line you can cross by having too many, especially inexperienced people, given this information that will ruin it for anyone who legitimately should have it. Use it very carefully or it will be gone before you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanq View Post
                    Hold on, DO NOT DO THIS! Do not upload a private list of people's email addresses online, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Passing it around is another thing, but you shouldn't put something like that publicly online.

I guarantee you that all of those addresses will be first exploited, and then changed. That's a total assault on these people's privacy and may have legal ramifications.

EDIT: I hope the people distributing this new list will remember that the older one was only given to people who had been on this board for at 6 months to a year and have a few hundred posts. There is a fine line you can cross by having too many, especially inexperienced people, given this information that will ruin it for anyone who legitimately should have it. Use it very carefully or it will be gone before you know it.
                    Didn't mean I was going to upload and link it. I mostly wanted to expand and organize it, and maybe in alternate file types.
                    2011 Screenwriting Goal: 15 pages a day.

Comment

Anyone have the newest version of the list? If so, shoot me a PM and I will pass along my email. Thanks.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Originally posted by Kermet Key View Post
                        EVERYONE...umo just past the excel spread sheet from last year on to me. If you would like a copy simply PM - it's just easier to process requests that way I think. I will get it to you a.s.a.p.

Thank you.
                        Kermet
                        Can you send me the list? thank you so much! Sherryll

Comment

Originally posted by nathanq View Post
                          I hope the people distributing this new list will remember that the older one was only given to people who had been on this board for at 6 months to a year and have a few hundred posts. There is a fine line you can cross by having too many, especially inexperienced people, given this information that will ruin it for anyone who legitimately should have it. Use it very carefully or it will be gone before you know it.
                          Yeah, I agree. I'm worried about the influx of random people asking for it. Those with many posts who have been registered here for awhile are much more likely to understand the process and much less likely to abuse this list. If someone posts here asking for it and they've been registered for a week with 10 posts, please don't send them this list. They should at least post a logline/query letter just so we know they aren't divorced from reality. Self policing is very important to maintaining the best results for everyone. And, frankly, you don't owe anything to anyone who just pops up asking for handouts. You may think you're just being just extraordinarily nice and generous, but in reality you might be handing someone a loaded machine gun that randomly discharges.

Comment

Originally posted by sherryll View Post
                            Can you send me the list? thank you so much! Sherryll
                            Yeah, see, here's an example. Please, don't send the list to sherryll. I hate to be an assh*le, but you're not part of the community. This was your first post. We'd love to have you join in a few discussions, ask for feedback on your stuff or give some to others. Would you walk in on a real life writers group and just say, "Excuse me, I heard you had a list of contacts, can I have it?"

Comment

Some of them have been around ("lurking") for ages though. "1" post may mean somebody who's written 10 scripts; you can't tell. Others who appear "new" have dutifully read and researched the forums for months, until finally taking the plunge and signing up. I think it'd be hard to have a criteria of "duration" of membership or number of posts. Number of useful posts, if anything.

Maybe it could just be "member" status. I know that means the $24 has been given to the proprietor, but is that such a bad thing? Then most of the info on the lists will be available through the DDPro search facility anyway.

I obtained access to the data in these famous lists as a result of doing hours and hours of work on an earlier version. As it turns out, for my own purposes I didn't even bother with the agents/managers data, but I got maybe 10% of my current prodco list from this data, so it was still useful. But, see, I felt I had to do something to "earn" access to it.

Dunno. I think we just have to suck it up. If you don't want to send somebody your copy of the list(s), it's your prerogative. It's like: We don't tell stupid people they can't vote. Even convicted criminals (in Canada ) get the right to vote.

Comment

Yes, this is just my plea, obviously to each their own. I suppose even if most people agree with me, there will be someone who will forward it to others who pop up anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X