Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eddie Kritzer (EPK)

$200 to rep a writer? What did that get your friend?

Comment

It was $200 to read his script and take it out. My friend never got much from him after the check cleared!
      Last edited by hockeyjason; 09-25-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Let's say he was legit, and he really did talk your script up for $200. First of all, he's not charging enough, but that's beside the point. Clearly a guy who represents people for a flat fee is not going to have a whole lot of clout around town. Who's going to rush to read script this dude sends out?

People are far too impatient. When you've got the goods, you'll be able to get the right people on your side. Don't be desperate; work harder instead.
        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

We should have our own sub-forum/list for con men, if a person isn't on it, he's clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
            We should have our own sub-forum/list for con men, if a person isn't on it, he's clean.
            The main problem you'll have with that is that there is a big gap between 'con-person' & 'useful'.

There are those who are incompetent but who are trying hard .. causing damage where ever they go.

There are those who decide that they can make extra cash by charging a 'reading fee' ... but they aren't conning anyone because they are doing exactly what they are promising.

---
            Perhaps a better way to organise the list is the way that AbsoluteWrite does with their 'Bewares, Recommendation & Background Check' forum. It lists almost everyone - anyone can start an entry and ask for other's experience with that person.

It doesn't claim to list anyone as a 'conman' .. just provides 3rd party feedback on others experience with them.

And the Forum admin says that this one forum provides more of a headache than the rest of the extensive forums combined!

It's a valuable service - but it must be a real bitch to administer.

I'd suggest you might want to look at that one. In fact - here's Mr Kritzer's entry: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...ad.php?t=32362

Mac
            Last edited by Mac H.; 09-25-2012, 05:32 PM.
            New blogposts:
            *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
            *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
            *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
            *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

Every once in a while I check in on the latest antics of Eddie. Today I saw this:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lat...&pid=188355810

Comment

Originally posted by cosmospc View Post
                Every once in a while I check in on the latest antics of Eddie. Today I saw this:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lat...&pid=188355810
                So the rights to my Action-Sci-Fi-Epic revert back to me. Yay!!!!!

I totally have an alibi, BTW.
                Just my 2 cents, your mileage may vary.

-Steve Trautmann
                3rd & Fairfax: The WGAW Podcast

Comment

Working...
                X