Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment, a comedy-centric firm.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment, a comedy-centric firm.

From Variety (also on Done Deal Pro):

Literary manager Marc Provissiero and talent manager Naomi Odenkirk have formed Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment, a comedy-centric firm.
    OPE will guide the careers of up-and-coming performers, writers, producers and directors, as well as produce original comedy material.

Ready, steady, QUERY!

Re: Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment, a comedy-centric firm.

Comedy ALWAYS sells. Other genres like horror, thrillers, period pieces, female driven comedies go with the trends of the market. (Btw, horror is very hot right now. A sexy thriller, less so). Ann, why would you think comedy doesn't sell?

Comment

Naomi Odenkirk is BOB Odenkirk's wife. She's been a manager for years and reps a lot of great up&coming comics. She knows comedy.

Comment

Ann -- pls check these managers out before you talk about your "feelings." You're just saying something so subjective on a public board without anything backing it. That's not great business and I don't get why you'd do that.

And saying that there hasn't been a lot of good comedies out is again, subjective. Every other week, there is a often a well reviewed comedy out that does big box office. But even if there wasn't -- and all comedies suck -- what do managers -- specifically, these guys -- have to do with it? Blame the buyers (studios) -- they're the ones who chose the scripts, talent, and greenlight the film.

And like I indicated, Naomi Odenkirk is Bob Odenkirk's manager -- he has hits & misses, but when he's good, he's really good.

Comment

Ann -- if you had personal experiences with these managers, then, on a public board, you can say so. But you're just talking about a huge genre and blaming these guys for what you think is wrong w the genre -- how does that make sense? It doesn't help writers looking for representation which is the purpose of the OP.

Having a discussion on comedy writers and screenplays is a whole different discussion. See my point?

Comment

Originally posted by AnnCramer
            And once again -- I know that. But if I go back to my original post, I said that THEY (Provissiero & Odenkirk) are only going to develop sub par comedy specs which will take one element from another popular comedy film and try to tie in some other high concept fad, and ultimately never sell.

That is my opinion, of which I am entitled to.

Here's the article in full.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...o+%26+Odenkirk

I believe the crux of the article is that one being a talent manager and the other being a lit manager, they will look for synergies within their individual talent spheres. "Odenkirk and Provissiero are already looking at ways to start pairing her talent and his writers; they're also looking to slowly expand their business."

I believe this is known as packaging and attachment, which seems to be the smart money way to go out with specs these days. Can't see where the sub-par remark comes in.

Comment

i hear an axe grinding away...
              a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death. Pearl Buck

Comment

Is the email contact info floating around yet?

I had an old gmail contact for Marc but...

Comment

Btw, Naomi reps the really untalented Bill Hader and Kirsten Wiig. These guys really are "sub-par." I feel so bad for them, everytime I'm in a movie theatre and people are cracking up. Sad. Really.

Comment

Ann, I would also be careful making statements like that if your screen name is your real name.

I believe last year a poster here (Razerfish) ripped someone by name and it came back to bite him.

Comment

"Odenkirk and Provissiero were first brought together by "The Office" exec producer Greg Daniels, who suggested that the two connect after Provissiero asked for advice on whom to partner up with.

"Marc at one point represented all of the writers I love on 'The Office,' Daniels said."

What a terrible show "The Office" is. Very sub-par. Greg Daniels, a writer and producer on "The Simpsons," "The Office," and "King of the Hill," has no idea what he's talking about. None of those shows never made it to the air.

With the paranoia that you've displayed about your own manager

I think it was one of his first few scripts that went out and unsure about his industry clout at this time.
                      and your own sub-par writing -- EXT. BUENA VISTA - NIGHT (SNOWING) -- maybe you could be a little nicer.

I said that THEY are only going to develop sub par comedy specs which will take one element from another popular comedy film and try to tie in some other high concept fad, and ultimately never sell.
                      Get off your high horse. Below is the description you gave of your own unbelievably run of the mill idea. It sounds like you are taking one element from another popular thriller film and tying it into some high concept fad that will never sell.

It is basically the beginning of a small town serial killer whose victims are all linked together through his past, but also appear to be either an accident or suicide. It has a psychological element as well, similar to SEVEN, but not in a religious way.
                      You have a manager but you are still submitting screenplays to ScriptShark. I'm confused by you.

I received a Script Shark consider from a script I submitted in February. I sent my revised draft and was waiting for a response to that. Finally, I heard back saying that my script is literally "in queue" and will be sent late April / early May. We are approaching late April, and I have yet to hear anything further regarding my script. Initially, I was excited. But as the time continues, I feel this opportunity is a ship floating away from the shore, soon to be out of sight.

Comment

Cinema Paradiso: Game, Set and Match!!!

Comment

If anyone nabs the contact info can you PM me? Thanks. I will do the same if I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by landercello View Post
                            If anyone nabs the contact info can you PM me? Thanks. I will do the same if I get it.
                            Same here?

Landis

Comment

Let me know too so I can add it to the ML.
                              http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X