Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Once the Heart Walk is over...

Forget one of the scummiest posts on here, possibly one of the scummiest posts on the entre internet which is quite the achievement.

Joe - all right minded people know this is a great cause and to be perfectly honest no-one would blame you or Dan one bit if the two of you canned this idea to save yourself the grief.

The other posts hit the nail on the head, find something that's of benefit to everyone but yourself, put in a lot of time and effort to accomplish this and people will somehow, someway find a way to complain.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker12345 View Post
      i hate to be the bad guy but this is getting out of hand. Everyone on this site talks about people taking advantage of immature wtiters and I prsonally think this is another example of it. When does it end? How many charities are there? Hundreds and hundreds of people donate with the pipe dream someone at Bendersponk will read, love and represent their script and that's just not going to happen. Yeah, this is for a good cause but it's for his cause. He knows by flashing around the name "Benderspink" idiot writers will dish out their money thinking they actually have a script that will make it. If you had a script that was good enough you wouldn't have to take this route. What makes this worse is that he extends the deadline like any writing competition. On top of that he's throwing in another charity because he knows he has a list of suckers that will keep reaching in their pockets everytime he does this. I do an AIDS walk and Cancer walk every summer in my city but he is clearly taking advantage of these people and he knows it. I know I'm going to get a lot of heat for this but I don't care. I read these posts with all these people praising and saying "how great this is" when it is not. I would like to se this guy ask for donations on this forum without offering this service and you'll see how many he gets, probably not many at all and that's why he came up with this. If they were really serious about this they would offer a guaranteed rep to a certain amount of people. I haven't read these posts in awhile but didn't only 2 people get repped or something out of a thousand. Not to good of odds.
      Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid?

Everyone on this site talks about people taking advantage of immature wtiters and I prsonally think this is another example of it. When does it end? How many charities are there? Hundreds and hundreds of people donate with the pipe dream someone at Bendersponk will read, love and represent their script and that's just not going to happen.
      Look, I'm one of those immature "wtiters" you speak of, I watch cartoons, eat to much candy and wet the bed (sometimes). I think what they are doing is great.

Donate a couple of bucks and you do get a read, 10 pages to start, more if you want. You should actually go read the donation page..

Sure you could forgo the donation and send your script directly to Benderspink, from there you'll likely get a nice legal reply saying "don't call us, we won't call you". At least you'll know they looked at it. The love and represent part, that's up to your script being good.

Yeah, this is for a good cause but it's for his cause. He knows by flashing around the name "Benderspink" idiot writers will dish out their money thinking they actually have a script that will make it.
      This is Joe's cause?? I didn't know Joe started the AHA, seems we owe Joe even more thanks then we know.

I imagine that you picture Joe as some mustache twirling Snidely Whiplash, who laughs as he robs us noobs then ties us to the railroad tracks.

This isn't some scheme there Dudley, people pay money for coverage and contests, why not kick a couple bucks in for this, worse case you get a nice "no thanks" and the charity gets some money. Money which Joe doesn't even handle..

And If your going to call people "idiot writers" at least spell check your own crap.

I would like to se this guy ask for donations on this forum without offering this service and you'll see how many he gets, probably not many at all and that's why he came up with this.
      You don't know that. They've gotten people who have donated just because. My father suffered two heart attacks in his lifetime, both my grandfathers died from heart attacks, so if they use a read from Benderspink as a way to collect money for the AHA, then good. The "donate your car" charities are always selling people on "tax deductions" so why not?

I haven't read these posts in awhile but didn't only 2 people get repped or something out of a thousand. Not to good of odds
      Two people got repped, yes finally something correct in your "post". Two people out of a thousand (before you said hundreds and hundreds, but whatever ) got repped, not to mention the people who may now have an open door with Dan (at where..?) to submit again, and the money for the charity.

I'm no expert, but I think 2 out of the 300 or so, that might have donated is decent odds. How many writers would get repped out of 300 random query letters?

I was holding off myself, because I'm not so sure about the script being ready, but I'll defiantly get the donation in before it closes in Oct.

To Joe -- Don't let this guy give you a headache. Your up to 23k, In my opinion that's worth dealing with a couple of meatheads.

Also they should sticky your original thread, I almost forgot about the deadline. The deadline of your dastardly scheme muhahahahaha

Comment

Streaker - this is utter crap. Seriously.

If they were really serious about this they would offer a guaranteed rep to a certain amount of people.
        That doesn't make sense.

If they were serious about this then they'd offer to rep people who they thought would be profitable to rep - nothing more and nothing less.

And that's what they did.

Any 'guaranteed' rep of a certain number would be utter nonsense.

Streaker - just to be clear ... do you believe that people are sending money to Joe? Or do you understand that all Joe is receiving is a copy of a receipt showing that you made the donation?

Under what possible method do you think that Joe is making money from this? Yes - he's achieving goodwill, karma and a bit of a name for himself. He's welcome to that. But how is he making money from it?

And as for 'nobody would donate if he didn't give them something of value in return' ... do you realise that plenty of people *did* donate just to help? I thought it was a good opportunity to help Aussie writers ... so I matched donations for a bunch of them. (It's better than listening to complaints about lack of opportunities!) Kintner donated as well just to help out.

People do it all the time. It's called charity.

It's called helping your fellow passengers.

It's making the world a better place.

Good luck,

Mac
        New blogposts:
        *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
        *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
        *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
        *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

Streaker, just fuck off already. If you can't get repped or get an open door, it's because your writing isn't strong enough, not because Joe's idea is leaching off idiot writers.

Daniel contacted me directly after reading my submission, by the way. Super nice and professional guy. He asked to read more of my work, but I had already signed with someone else and that was that. Still, it made it pretty clear that this isn't just some scam to save the lives of vicious, greedy heart-disease victims.
          QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Joe,

You're doing a good thing here. There are a lot of bitter trolls on this board -- don't let it get to you.

and this:

Streaker, just fuck off already.
            "Ray, next time someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!- - Ghostbusters

Comment

Originally posted by Knaight View Post
              Streaker, just fuck off already.
              Damn, I should have just said that..

Comment

Working...
              X