Contest results (so far) enough to persuade a manager to read my script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Contest results (so far) enough to persuade a manager to read my script?

Originally posted by jaycar View Post
    This is a follow-up of my previous post about contacting managers and agents while you are still in the running with competitions. I didn't make Nicholl finals, but I made the top 50. I made finals for Austin and Page. I signed with a great manager and I'm working on notes for the script that's still in the running. My manager plans on going out with the script beginning November. By the way, I found this manager through a working writer in Hollywood. The six degrees of separation rule applies. Everyone knows someone who knows someone in the business, so don't be afraid to ask. They can only say no.
    So, are you saying all that discussion about whether to include pending contest results in a query ended up being moot?

Comment

Originally posted by anxt View Post
      So, are you saying all that discussion about whether to include pending contest results in a query ended up being moot?
      No, I queried with contest results when I QF'd and SF'd and ended up with four managers requesting reads. I had meetings with two and almost signed with one but someone I (kind of) know in the business had returned an old e-mail and set up a meeting with her manager after reading my script. I signed with him.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
        Thanks for the follow up. Good luck with your project. I hope this post answers others burning question of "shall I wait... or strike now?" policy.

EJ
        Thanks EJ!

Comment

Working...
        X