No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Television Agencies

Originally posted by grumpywriter View Post
    I'd try to get your pilot in front of a good producer -- a reputable producer with an agent at one of the big agencies. If the producer likes it he'll share it with his agent and if his agent doesn't like it the producer -- assuming he's passionate about your material --- will keep hustling it and will find ways to get people on board (be it other producers or a director) who have powerful agents themselves.

It really is the chicken and the egg scenario isn't it? Go the producer route and maybe you don't end up with your first choice producer. Go the manager route and maybe they try to glom on. Go the agent route and… well… no down side there.
    DOPE CITY

Comment

Originally posted by worldandmore View Post
      I'm a big believer that anything is possible and I'm glad you are trying. Let me know how that works out, I'm going to research about querying entertainment lawyers and query them after the weekend.
      Cool, not a bad place to start, as few fledgling writers consider that route.
      DOPE CITY

Comment

Originally posted by surftatboy View Post
        It really is the chicken and the egg scenario isn't it? Go the producer route and maybe you don't end up with your first choice producer. Go the manager route and maybe they try to glom on. Go the agent route and... well... no down side there.
        The never ending cycle I think you just go with whatever works, that's why I'm going to try anything like the querying a lawyer suggestion. I'll see what life throws me and go on from there
        Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do amazing things - it's called a trash CAN not a trash cannot

Comment

Working...
        X