Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Agencies

Hello! Does anyone know of any agencies that represent television pilots? I've tried a couple and I know it's a long shot, but if anyone knows of agencies that represent television pilots/writers, please let me know. Thank you!
    Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do amazing things - it's called a trash CAN not a trash cannot

Re: Television Agencies

CAA, WME, ICM... etc.
    DOPE CITY

Comment

Originally posted by surftatboy View Post
      CAA, WME, ICM... etc.
      Haha I already queried those ones and most of the big ones, (almost snagged an agent with Paradigm) but I'm running out of television management/agencies to query.
      Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do amazing things - it's called a trash CAN not a trash cannot

Comment

I would go for a manager. Usual suspects.

Scratch that, I'd go for a lawyer. 5% vs 15% or 10%.
        DOPE CITY

Comment

Originally posted by worldandmore View Post
          Hello! Does anyone know of any agencies that represent television pilots? I've tried a couple and I know it's a long shot, but if anyone knows of agencies that represent television pilots/writers, please let me know. Thank you!
          You've got the silliest quote ever. That said, what genre is your pilot in? Maybe I can help with some email addy's.
          "We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
          SUBTITLED
          Episode 1 (Beef pills)
          Episode 2 (African commercial)
          Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)

Comment

I would go for a manager. Usual suspects.

Scratch that, I'd go for a lawyer. 5% vs 15% or 10%.
            I have never heard of getting a lawyer to help sell. How would you go about doing that?

Originally posted by Mpimentel View Post
            You've got the silliest quote ever. That said, what genre is your pilot in? Maybe I can help with some email addy's.
            Thanks, I really think it's a funny quote It's a drama-comedy, but can easily be rewritten/revised as one or the other. It would be awesome if you had some emails.

Comment

Lawyers are the nuts and bolts people, yeah?

They would probably put you in touch with an agency [if they dig your script]. But it's not a bad place to begin the process [them folding you into an agency, yeah?]. They do read.

I'm trying to figure out how to try to make a deal sans agent and manager, only lawyer. It may not be possible, but I'm trying. Never hurts to try, yes?
              DOPE CITY

Comment

All agencies rep television pilots.

Someone said it above, but I would go with management companies instead.
                Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky1288 View Post
                  All agencies rep television pilots.

Someone said it above, but I would go with management companies instead.
                  This. Any company who calls themselves a literary agency in today's Hollywood is happy to handle TV.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how to try to make a deal sans agent and manager, only lawyer. It may not be possible, but I'm trying. Never hurts to try, yes?
                    I'm a big believer that anything is possible and I'm glad you are trying. Let me know how that works out, I'm going to research about querying entertainment lawyers and query them after the weekend.

Ducky1288 and Ronaldinho, I've tried many, and a couple of literary and talent agencies say they do not have a television department or don't represent television so that's why I'm being a little bit picky and wanting to know specific ones that do.

Comment

Originally posted by worldandmore View Post
                      I'm a big believer that anything is possible and I'm glad you are trying. Let me know how that works out, I'm going to research about querying entertainment lawyers and query them after the weekend.

Ducky1288 and Ronaldinho, I've tried many, and a couple of literary and talent agencies say they do not have a television department or don't represent television so that's why I'm being a little bit picky and wanting to know specific ones that do.
                      check you PM brah'
                      "We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
                      SUBTITLED
                      Episode 1 (Beef pills)
                      Episode 2 (African commercial)
                      Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)

Comment

Can I get a PM on that also? :-)

Comment

Lawyers are the nuts and bolts people, yeah?

They would probably put you in touch with an agency [if they dig your script]. But it's not a bad place to begin the process [them folding you into an agency, yeah?]. They do read.

Lawyers usually come in once an offer is made. Getting to that offer takes a lot of work and it's the type of work lawyers typically don't do.

Comment

I'd try to get your pilot in front of a good producer -- a reputable producer with an agent at one of the big agencies. If the producer likes it he'll share it with his agent and if his agent doesn't like it the producer -- assuming he's passionate about your material --- will keep hustling it and will find ways to get people on board (be it other producers or a director) who have powerful agents themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by artisone View Post
                              Lawyers usually come in once an offer is made. Getting to that offer takes a lot of work and it's the type of work lawyers typically don't do.

I had a lawyer first. Helped me get agency representation. Whatever works.

Yes, I'm aware of the agent's role.
                              DOPE CITY

Comment

Working...
                              X